Thursday, June 16, 2011

The World's Highest-Paid Musicians

Forbes has listed Bon Jovi among the world's highest paid musicians.  Coming on the heels of The Video That Delivered A Bitch Slap To American Fans, this isn't giving folks a warm and fuzzy.
Two decades ago Jon Bon Jovi sat with the members of his eponymous band in a basement in New Jersey. Hoping to rekindle the group’s desire to make music after two grueling years on the road, he’d hung vintages posters on the wall, illuminated only by candles and blacklights. But instead of feeling inspired, Bon Jovi found himself becoming cranky and short of breath.

“I’m thinking maybe this is an issue, maybe I just don’t like them,” Bon Jovi said in a recent interview for the FORBES Celeb 100 issue. “Until I realized that all the oxygen was sucked out of the room by the candles … So I blew out the candles, cranked up the amplifiers, and said, ‘We’re going to be a rock band. If you believe in what I’m telling you, we can be the Rolling Stones.’”

Sure enough, Bon Jovi is still rocking. The group earned $125 million over the past 12 months, enough to claim the No. 2 spot on FORBES’ annual list of the world’s highest-paid musicians.

The Top Ten:

1. U2 ($195 million)
2. Bon Jovi ($125 million)
3. Elton John ($100 million)
4. Lady Gaga ($90 million)
5. Michael Bublé ($70 million)
6. Paul McCartney ($67 million)
7. The Black Eyed Peas ($61 million)
8. The Eagles ($60 million)
9. Justin Bieber ($53 million)
10. Dave Matthews Band ($51 million)

You can see all 25 musicians here.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Big Apple Jen June 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

I'm seriously thinking of challenging him on his ridiculous comments about American fans at that Dublin fan club trip event later this month.

Frankly, it's p*ssed me off for years. If US venues were GA he would see all the American fans that know the verses up front, just like he does overseas. But, here people are forced to see the show in relation to their financial ability.

I'm thinking that if he were to take a stroll to the middle of those 50,000 person crowds he'd find more than a few who have no idea what the words are to Dry County or Undivided or Lie to Me. #JustSaying

*rant over. thank you. ... now returning back to our regularly scheduled show*

Anonymous,  June 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

I agree with you! I hope you get the chance to ask your questions and make your point and promptly send the vid to all of us :)! I would love the chance at a GA show. It was that way when I saw them in Gulf Shores and I had the best "seats" I've ever had at a concert because of it. I have a few ideas of ways for the band to see that the home crowd is just as in tune as the European crowds, but who do ya talk to to get your ideas heard??? Good luck!

--Amanda


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP