Thursday, June 16, 2011

Interview: Jon Bon Jovi, singer

From the Edinburgh News:

What's probably so funny to Jon Bon Jovi is that his band have sold more than 120 million albums and were the biggest earners in music last year, raking in a staggering £130 million during their 2010 world tour.

That said, ask the 50-year-old if his band have finally got the respect they're due and he'll say it all depends on how you define respect.

"Is longevity respect? Is coming home and having your family be proud of you respect?" says the man whose band has enjoyed 20 hits, including You Give Love A Bad Name, Wanted Dead Or Alive and Lay Your Hands On Me.

"I don't know if what you're asking me is, critical acclaim, you know?" he continues. "There are critics' darlings. That I won't be. I got that."

On Wednesday, the band kick off the UK leg of their 2011 world tour at Murrayfield, which has a capacity of 67,000. Not that playing the home of Scottish rugby will faze them - after all, they've already performed more than 2600 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 32 million fans.

"What gets us on the road is its fun," explains keyboardist David Bryan, whose band played Ibrox in 1996 and Hampden in both 2002 and 2008. "Putting that many smiles on that many faces, it's a great thing. And you know, it puts a smile on our faces too."

Bon Jovi have played more than 85 shows since the Full Circle tour started in 2010 - but they're showing no signs of flagging as they return to the UK.

"It's great to be back," says Jon Bon Jovi, whose band will be back in its full line-up in Edinburgh after lead guitarist Richie Sambora rejoined after his recent stint in rehab.

"It's the final leg of the Circle tour, the longest tour we've done in almost two decades."
You can read the whole article here.

~ Hath

1 comments:

T June 16, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

50-year-old? I think I'd be a little pissed that someone was taking a whole year away from me..lol

~T


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP