Monday, June 06, 2011

They're Everywhere

This is the lament I hear from my DH whenever a Bon Jovi song or reference comes within ear shot. I haven't even told him about this story -- he'll make sure our son can't spell.

From Metro (and various other places):

The tension was almost unbearable as it came down to the final two contestants of the 84th Scripps National Spelling Bee in Maryland.

Roy, from Pennsylvania, knew all she had to do was correctly spell the next word and she would be the national champ.

After she heard the word that she had to spell was 'cymotrichous' the teenager asked for a definition and was then told by a panel judge that it meant ‘having the hair wavy, as in, there is considerable debate among musicologists about whether there is a causal relationship between Bon Jovi’s most awesome tunes and the band’s cymotrichous era'.

Roy proceeded to spell the word correctly to take the national prize and go out in a A Blaze Of Glory.

Watch the 14-year-old spell cymotrichous and claim the title below:



~ Hath

PS: Thanks to all of you who sent the link to the YT video -- I think I got at least a half-dozen emails on this topic!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

lol in my own experience, they are NOWHERE except in my little corner of the www. But I suppose when you go looking for something it's harder to find.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP