Thursday, June 30, 2011

Irish Times Review


Same old bad medicine and leather trousers as Bon Jovi turn up the heat

“Two nights and 1,000 songs to get through,” quipped Bon Jovi, wearing a red military-style jacket that made him look like a member of the most kickass salvation band around. You Give Love A Bad Name, Born to Be My Baby, It’s My Life and Blaze of Glory saw him keep his promise to deliver hit after hit. As the crowd raised their arms aloft to the band’s all-American anthems, it became increasingly clear why these guys keep pulling the crowds in. They’re a walking, talking, singing, axe-wielding, gun-slinging slice of the American Dream, evoking a lost era of fast cars, fast women and even faster guitar solos.

Bad Medicine brings an added dose of nostalgia as the band break into a medley that includes Van Morrison’s Gloria , Buddy Holly’s Not Fade Away and Roy Orbison’s Pretty Woman . “I’m just getting warmed up!” warns Bon Jovi. Over the next couple of hours, the band turns up the heat and blows more than a few clouds away.

He may be unfairly described as the trailer trash Bruce Springsteen – he’s never been a critics’ favourite – but last night Bon Jovi proved he’s still one of rock’s heavyweights, even if he failed – once again – to knock this critic out.

You can read the whole review here.

Alright, so now I've heard it's a Drum Major jacket (paired with the walking stick), the Captain Crunch jacket, and now a Kick-Ass Salvation Army jacket.  What about you?  Anything you're calling that red jacket these days?

~ Hath

3 comments:

Jan June 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

some of my friends and family refer to it as the "Cheryl Cole" jacket - after the one she wore in video and performances for Fight for This Love.

Amanda,  June 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

When we saw it's debut in the live stream...my best friend, my husband and I all thought Sgt. Pepper. Being band geeks the Drum Major thing was next especially with the cane. Performing Street Monkey? :P

Tre June 30, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

honest to heaven I saw someone refer to it as captain kangaroo's jacket.. even though Im from the era who watched that show ((EEEEK!!)) i had to look him up to make sure 9(just check out http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm50/mathamagu/CaptainKangaroo.jpg))

close enough I guess.. i think jon's is way sexier though lol


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP