Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bristol Review: Ashton Gate Stadium

From Guide2Bristol


On Monday night I went to see the Bon Jovi gig at Ashton Gate in Bristol. Not as a fan, and thinking I wouldn't really enjoy it - but I left having been totally converted. The performance was fantastic. They still have it...especially Jon Bon Jovi!

The band came out to the screams of over 25,000 fans of all ages, from newborns (a baby in a sling!) to grannies. As Jon took the stage the screams reached a crescendo, which was only topped during the encore.

Jon spoke to the crowd and drew them in to his ‘crazy summer holiday’ as he called it, wanting to heat up the crowd. He sure did that! They played a number of the old hits which were welcomed by the fans, especially the women, who also loved his rendition of Pretty Woman for them. The band too were great, with drum and guitar solos raising the heat in the stadium ready for Blaze of Glory.

As the light started to fade and the spotlights came on we knew the gig was coming to an end. The encore included Wanted Dead or Alive with a fantastic guitar solo, before ending with my favourite Living on a Prayer. The audience all joined in, and if there had been a roof over Ashton Gate it would have been lifted.

Bon Jovi finished by thanking the crowd for their support over the last 3 decades, and it was hard to believe having watched the concert that they have been around for so long.

A really fantastic night enjoyed by all, and after around two and a half hours of sheer enjoyment I was disappointed it had to finish so soon.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP