Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feel Good Story

Kiwi dropped this story in my inbox yesterday, and it's things like this that rekindle my faith in humanity in general.  It's a story about an almost-40-year-old man with Down's Syndrome who is a HUGE fan of the band.  You can read the whole article here at the Idaho Statesman, but here's a little bit about Justin:

Justin Mitton, who was born with the genetic disorder Down syndrome, took a shine to Bon Jovi when its first album debuted in the early 1980s. The 39-year-old, who never let his hair grow wildly long like his idols, has played their music every day since.

Every day? Even now?

“Yeah,” he said with little hesitation.

He listens to music on his iPod now. But sometimes he can’t help singing out loud, and he finds meaning in the lyrics — all of which he knows by heart.

It’s my life
It’s now or never
I ain’t gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I’m alive.

Mitton, whose family calls him “Bergie,” spoke seriously and with sincerity about his favorite band on a recent night at his sister’s house in Boise. Then someone turned the music on.

His face lit up, and he smiled broadly. Pure joy.

And what did they get for their efforts?


Here's the follow up from The Statesman:

A big dream: Justin Mitton, born with Down syndrome, is a lifelong fan of Bon Jovi. His family hoped to concoct the ultimate 40th birthday surprise: a face-to-face meeting. This week, they let the Statesman tell their story.

Well, the call came. Justin’s sister, Sara Mitton Cox, said she got a Facebook message and a phone call from Jon Bon Jovi’s brother, Matt Bongiovi. He said he heard about Justin from three different people.

“He said, ‘I talked to Jon about it this morning,’ ” she said. “He said he wants to make something happen.” She was asked to bring Justin 90 minutes before the Salt Lake show starts.

Justin’s mother, Susan Mitton, was in tears. “I’m just hysterical. I can’t believe it. My sister said, ‘This is like winning the lottery.’ I said, ‘This is much more exciting than winning the lottery. It’s Jon Bon Jovi.’ ”

What a wonderful story. I hope Matt and Jon can make something special happen for Justin. Bon Jovi play Salt Lake City on March 22.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP