Monday, August 09, 2010

Les Paul

Want to learn more about one of Richie Sambora's idols, mentors, and friends?

Les Paul was a huge part of Richie's life. BBC Radio 2 has a 2-part show starting on Tuesday August 10th GMT all about Mr. Paul. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tbsqw

Aged a youthful 94, Les Paul died in August 2009. A year on, fellow guitar legend, Duane Eddy, assesses the life and legacy of the man who not only helped pioneer the solid state electric guitar but also developed modern recording techniques without which popular music would not be what it is today. Without Les Paul, there would be no overdubbing, no multi-tracking, no tape delay and most of all no Gibson Les Paul Guitars, one of the most sought after instruments in rock, jazz, popular music and the blues. Joined by the likes of BB King, Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Jeff Beck, Albert Lee, Will I Am (Black Eyed Peas), Joe Bonamassa, Ace Frehley (Kiss), Andy Summers (Police), Keith Urban, Nile Rogers and Jimmy Page, Duane Eddy also hears from Les Paul himself, speaking in what may be the last full-length interview he gave a few months before his death.

I'm not sure if it will stream or if I will be around to get it, but I'll try. If anyone else out there gets it, I'd love to hear it. Having grown up around guitars all my life, Les Paul was a household name where I lived. I know my brother and father would love to hear it, too.

Thanks in advance!!

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 3:49 AM  

As I said before, I'll have a go but I'm not technically minded so don't hold out much hope!

Vicki

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Les Paul was a true gift to the world. I had the great honor and luck of seeing him play at Irridium in NYC less than a year before his death. If someone manages to grab this show, I'd be truly grateful as well.

-Stas

Catte Sambora August 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

I spent a day at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland last week, and was completely enthralled with the Les Paul exhibit there (and not just for the photos of Les with Richie and Slash). He was an incredible mind and talent, the likes of which the music world will never see again. The man made a rudimentary electric guitar out of a railroad rail, for cryin' out loud! Just a truly amazing man. It's no wonder he was so loved and idolized. :)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP