Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Obie

Dear Obie:

We love you.

You answer our questions, no matter how silly or outrageous. You give us lots of goodies to keep us happy. You are totally approachable, and fun to talk to (even though nobody's brought you your hot dog and Dr. Pepper yet). You do great things for and with the band.

But, you know us. There's always some among us who are never happy. You do 'x' and we want 'y'. You give us the moon, we want the stars.

Sadly, I must admit I'm one of THOSE.

I have one eensie piece of constructive criticism regarding the "Obie Clips" you've been sharing.

Don't get me wrong. I believe they are gorgeous.

They have earned a high-rotation spot on the joviPod. Buy they technically aren't from the eras we are celebrating.

I know you. You've got mega-oodles of "stuff" -- pictures videos, audio tracks, sound check tracks, messing around tracks -- that there's got to be SOMETHING era-specific you could share with us.

Right?

SOMETHING?

The photos have been great so far. Nice little glimpses into the past. But what we JONES for, what we NEED to do is have the audio match the visuals. You give us the guys in all their puppy glory,but give us more mature vocals to go with it. I love dichotomy as much as the next gal. But I also love simple. Let me gaze at the lovely era pictures while I listen to the voices that I know go with those pictures. Make me long for my way-back machine so I can go back to THAT DAY and see the energy that lurks behind Jon's powerful vocals. Let me wish yet again that I was a little bit older in the 80's so I could have personally witnessed the long-haired, sweaty, leather-and-stetson wearing wonder of Richie as he wails away during the solos.

What do you need, Obie? Do you need us to send you some hot dogs from Gray's? A pallet or two of Dr. P? More love on the fandom blogs? Fewer silly questions?

Ask and ye shall receive, Obie-wan.

I promise.

Love,
Hath

4 comments:

Jennifer August 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

"Let me wish yet again that I was a little bit older in the 80's so I could have personally witnessed the long-haired, sweaty, leather-and-stetson wearing wonder of Richie as he wails away during the solos."

Now THAT is poetry... beautiful! Just beautiful!

:-)

Cathy,  August 11, 2010 at 12:59 AM  

Well, I was old enough and I did! Let me tell you, it is everything that you invision and more! Yes, that love affair started long ago and far away, another lifetime for me, but I am still their #1 fan, as we all are and they still do it for me, and for all of us.
Let us Jovination unite in joy.
Oh, by the way, yes I agree, they should keep it with the theme, that shouldn't be that difficult.

Anonymous,  August 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Did you send this to Obie? I agree totally!!

The Goddess Hathor August 12, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

@Jennifer, thanks so much :) He does bring that out in me...

Oh @Cathy, how I would have loved to have been there with you...

@Anon, I did post on the Q&A section of BJ.COM. So, it's in his inbox :) Whether he sees it or not, well, we'll just have to see ;)

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP