Friday, January 15, 2010

You Be The Judge

This popped on my Google Alerts. Some people have too much time on their hands.

All rise.

The terms of this courtroom are simple. You will be presented with two songs, one by the plaintiff and one by the defendant. It is your task to decide if the defendant’s track is only coincidentally similar to the plaintiffs or, as members of the Bar Association put it, shenanigans have been pulled. You have been duly instructed.

Today’s docket: Tom Petty, plaintiff vs. Bon Jovi, defendant

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – A One Story Town from Long After Dark (1982)

The chorus:

Oh, I’m lost in a one story town
Where everything’s close to the ground
Yeah the same shit goes down
Nothing turns around
It’s a one story town


Bon Jovi – Two Story Town from Crush (2000)

The chorus:

It’s just the same old sights
And the same old sounds
I want to take my car and drive out of this two story town
The same old shit that’s going round
I’m going down, down ,down, down, down
In a two story town



But, I know people like to vote for stuff. If this meets your 'stuff' criteria, and you want to cast yours, click here.

~ Hath

1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 15, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Given many songwriters tend to use rather pedestrian phrases, I don't think its a big deal. Its only a big deal when people post stuff on it. Way too many people with time on their hands (or an excessive need to be noticed.)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP