Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Grammys: Bon Jovi Vote

As seen on CBS.com

Here’s your chance to pick what song Bon Jovi will perform live at the GRAMMYS®. Whether it’s the classic song ‘Livin on a Prayer’ or one of their newer hits, ‘Have a Nice Day’ the decision is up to you!

Here’s how it works: right now vote from the top six songs listed on the website. Remember you can vote every day. Then on January 25th the list will be narrowed down to the top three songs with the voting continuing everyday. Then tune in during the GRAMMYS live on Sunday January 31st to see which song Bon Jovi will perform!

The songs listed are:

Livin' on a Prayer
It's My Life
Wanted Dead or Alive
Bed of Roses
Always
Have a Nice Day


So, I'm confused.

Isn't the band up for a Grammy for a song off of the new record?

And yet there are no songs from the new record on the voting list?

Now, I will admit, I tried to vote for HAND today, just because I want to see Richie flip off the audience during the chorus, but the text you have to enter (you know, to make sure spambots aren't voting) keeps giving me an error. Says the text doesn't match the image. I even tried to leave feedback to that effect, but the only thing you can leave feedback on is something you saw on CBS TV. Not very helpful, I'm afraid.

So, since I can't vote, let's chat.

What song do YOU should they play and why?
Should there have been songs from the new record on the list?


~ Hath

Update Jan 12, 10:15 AM EST : The voting appears to be working now.  Got my vote in for HAND.  Richie, darlin' get your flipping finger ready :) :) :)

7 comments:

foxli January 12, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

I can't vote either and the listed songs confuse me too. I really hope they performe a new song and the choosen (voted) song is just a part of the medley (as stated in the rules).

joviswillow January 12, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

unless they are asking artists to do more "vintage" stuff, who knows. For me, I'd vote for HAND or Always, because they don't do those live very often and it might serve to expand the fan base even more. Plus, Richie will want to flip off the audience, but just like at MSG, he'll be told he can't

Queenie January 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Well, since the show is airing on my birthday, I think they should sing happy birthday to me. Is that up for a vote? LOL

Honestly though, songs from the new album definitely should have been included since they are up for an award for We Weren't Born to Follow.

I know everyone wants to hear the old stand by songs but, hello, new album, use the new songs people.

JMO.

The Goddess Hathor January 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

@Queenie, I think you're right, they should sing to you lol

@Willow, Richie may be more apt to ignore them for the Grammy's than "his own people" for MSG lol We'll see. I think it'd be awesome, and far less disturbing than some of the other shenanigans that go on during these awards show. BTW, did anyone tell Kanye to stay home?

@Foxli, I hope they perform the new material. I mean sheesh, at the very least, it would get more people interested in the new record, right?

Catte Sambora January 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

I'm betting they will perform nominated WWBTF as well; this song will likely be a second song or a shortened version leading in...

Sadly, I'm not terribly excited about any of these 6, but then again "casual fans" probably wouldn't even recognize what I'd want to hear, LOL! Guess I'd have to go with HAND....

The Goddess Hathor January 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

@Catte, I hope so. I have to admit, I hated, HATED, that song when it first came out. I've heard it so much I've started to like it. It's gotten better each time they've performed it live, too, which helps.

In terms of the song(s) I would have liked to have chosen from, I'd have to include Lie to Me, Damned (though not sure the censors would like that one lol) and Diamond Ring.

I know, I know that last one doesn't showcase the band.

Still a fave...

~ H

alicefayenjbj January 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

just voted three times. LOL HAND


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP