Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Change Is Gonna Come

Did you want a good quality version of the song JonBon sang with Bettye LaVette during the Inauguration?

This song, with more than a dozen others by artists such as Bruce Springsteen, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and Sheryl Crow, are featured on a new soundtrack inspired by the acclaimed HBO Documentary chronicling the candidacy and election of Barack Obama, By The People: The Election Of Barack Obama, available exclusively on the iTunes Store beginning January 12.

I don't know if you can buy the tracks separately or have to purchase the entire album -- I'll check it out when I get home.

Track Listing:

By The People: For The People: A Soundtrack Inspired By The Motion Picture By The People: The Election Of Barack Obama

1. John Mayer f/Ben Harper - Waiting On The World To Change
2. Sheryl Crow - Rise Up
3. Dixie Chicks - I Hope
4. John Legend - (RED)emption Song
5. India.Arie - There's Hope
6. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - He Said I Can
7. Jon Bon Jovi & Bettye LaVette - A Change Is Gonna Come
8. Dave Matthews - Dreaming Tree
9. Peter Salett - Endless Orange Sky
10. Tim McGraw - Free Man
11. Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket - Look At You
12. Dashboard Confessional - City Of Blinding Lights
13. Craig Wedren - Rebuilding
14. Bruce Springsteen - This Land Is Your Land (Video)


~ Hath


source

2 comments:

Catte Sambora January 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

You can only buy the entire album on iTunes ($9.99)...but it's worth it! Some great artists & songs. :)

The Goddess Hathor January 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks, Catte! And Queenie, this answers the question to your email from yesterday afternoon :)

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP