Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cowell Leaves Idol

I have to put this out there, because it popped on my Google Alerts and made me laugh out loud.

Well, it's finally official: Simon Cowell will be leaving "American Idol" at the end of this season.

He'll instead be judging "The X Factor", a show he created in the UK that will air in the US in 2011.

Back in December, MediaCurves.com surveyed Idol viewers, who rated Cowell their favorite judge (48%), with Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson a second (28%) and third (19%) respectively. New judge Kara DioGuardi was far behind, with only 5% of the votes.

When asked if they would watch "American Idol" more or less if Cowell left, 47% said they would watch less, 46% said they'd watch the same amount, and 7% said they'd watch more.

In a related survey the next week, MediaCurves.com reported that Idol viewers' first choice to replace Cowell would be "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan. The runner up celebrities ranked as the second and third best replacement for Simon were Sean "Diddy" Combs and Quincy Jones, respectively. Other high ranking celebrities nominated to replace Cowell were David Foster, Donny Osmond, Jay Leno, and Jon Bon Jovi.

In the same story, CNN reports that Cowell said he missed Paula Abdul, who left the show in August "but wouldn't confirm or deny whether she would appear on 'X Factor' in the U.S."

CNN also says that Fox isn't rushing to find a replacement for Cowell.

I laughed because this just shows how many fans there are out there -- and that they will in JBJ for anything.

I can just see him visibly cringing during auditions, especially when someone who sings worse than I do tries to "impress him" with a horrid version of Prayer. More likely, he'd be sitting there on his blackberry, texting to Richie: What the hell am I doing here, bro? :)

Seriously though, is there anything the Jovi fandom wouldn't vote Jon in for? Aside for Mom of The Year, of course.

source

2 comments:

Catte Sambora January 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

I wanna see him on Dancing with the Stars... his little booty-shake won't help him there! (But DAMN is it effective elsewhere...) :P

The Goddess Hathor January 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Now THAT would be something, Catte! I'd imagine the auditions for that would be out the door and around the block.

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP