Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Paradise Bound

Bon Jovi has announced two dates in Hawaii... BEFORE the "opening show" in Seattle.  The new opening is February 11 in Hawaii.  The Blaisell Center Arena in Honolulu will host two shows on February 11 and 12.  Tickets go on sale on December 12th.

I have to interject a little grumble here.  I know many fans purchased tickets to Seattle who wouldn't have otherwise because it was the FIRST SHOW of the tour.  Now, of course, it isn't.  I have absolutely no idea how long the Hawaii dates were on the table -- I do know we were teased with rumors of a Valentine's Day show in that state, but it was never official.  This has got to irritate a lot of folks.

Kind of like when I bought a $300 ticket to the LAST Prudential Center show only to have another 5 shows added after that date.

But I'm not bitter.

Nope, not me.

Oh, and I checked with Mr. Hath -- Hawaii is not in the cards for me unless travel is free.  Anyone have frequent flyer miles they want to spend on a Goddess? 

~ Hath

5 comments:

Unknown December 8, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I know what you're saying. I'm going to both Seattle shows. Not because it was supposed to be the first (I live very close to Seattle). But I have to admit, I was very excited that they were opening in Seattle. It just made it that more special. Oh well. Hawaii isn't in the cards for me either :-(

JBJBounce December 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Yeah, no Hawaii for me either. What I don't understand (and trust me I'd love to go to Hawaii) is that in this economy and with all the grumbling that's been going on (and I'm as guilty as the next fan) about the ticket prices in general why would they even consider doing this? I know it'll be sold out. I know there will be those that will go into debt to do these shows (and plane tix alone from Florida are $735 - I checked). I know there are fans out there with plenty of disposable cash that can afford something like this, but honestly, I think it's irresponsible in a global situation like the one we're currently in. Sorry, jmo.

Anonymous,  December 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

The Hawaii dates have been talked about for months. The concerts are not part of the official tour. Several weeks ago, fan club members were told that it was 95% "on" for Hawaii. They were simply waiting to finalize details.

Rike December 9, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

they talked about Hawaii always as rehearsals for the tour. We all know JBJ likes it warm in the winter time. :)

Lea,  December 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Great news for those fans in Hawaii who can't travel to the mainland.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP