Thursday, December 10, 2009

From Sayreville to The Circle


MTV's website has a feature they're calling "Bon Jovi, From Sayreville To The Circle: An Evolution In Photos"

If Bruce Springsteen is New Jersey's favorite son, the the men of Bon Jovi would have to be the state's favorite nephews. The band recently released their eleventh studio album The Circle, which debuted on top of the Billboard album chart. Their continued evolution as a band has been nothing short of remarkable. They began as a scrappy bar band, elevated themselves to hair metal icons, attempted a classic rock reinvention during the early '90s, jumped headlong into new technology at the turn of the century and now operate in a middle ground that incorporates classic riffs, state of the art pop production and just a hint of country twang. Through all that, they've accumulated four chart-topping singles ("You Give Love a Bad Name," "Livin' on a Prayer," "Bad Medicine" and "I'll Be There For You") and have sold upwards of 120 million albums worldwide. Not bad for a couple of street kids from Sayreville.

What's even more amazing than their musical evolution? Their visual evolution. Having gone through so many genre changes, Bon Jovi have also experimented with a number of different styles and fashions over their 26 year career. Frontman Jon Bon Jovi has experienced especially interesting growth, as while he looks cool and stately today, he once had one of the greatest manes in all of heavy metal and had a particular affinity for denim. The band's success has also taken them all over the place, from rock festivals in Europe to kicking off the NFL season to on the campaign trail with John Kerry.


I took a brief look. It starts out as "Bon Jovi" but somewhere in the middle turns into a JonBon-fest. So, was it intended to be a JB thing?

I did learn a thing or two. For instance, I had no idea that JB had celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Special Olympics (December 17, 1998) by singing with a mentally disabled girl at the White House...

It's worth a look-see.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  December 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

I was very surprised to read that ROLLING STONE had done something like you described. It certainly hasn't been much of a Jovi fan over the years. When I clicked on the link though, I discovered that the site is actually an MTV site, not a Rolling Stone one. That makes a lot more sense.

And singing with the little girl -- that happened at the same concert that produced the songs that appear on the CD "A Very Special Christmas Live!" I think it was part of the finale, but I haven't seen the whole show in awhile. The show was broadcast on TV, but a video was never released. I recently posted videos of the 2 songs that JBJ did at that show on YouTube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSs31uhxCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=652pwQMepAI

The Goddess Hathor December 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

You're right of course; this is what I get for taking things at face value when certain people send them to me.

~ Hath

Anonymous,  December 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Doesn't everything turn into a 'Jon Bon fest'?


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP