Thursday, December 10, 2009

Memphis Soundtrack: Available Dec 11


The Original Broadway Cast Recording of the celebrated new musical MEMPHIS will be available for purchase exclusively at the Shubert Theatre (225 West 44th Street) and online at www.memphisthemusical.com beginning Friday, December 11th. This special edition will feature a bonus track of “Memphis Lives in Me” performed by composer and Bon Jovi founding member David Bryan. The cast of MEMPHIS recorded the album at Avatar Studios on Monday, November 16, 2009. The recording is produced by Delray Records and nationwide distribution details will be available shortly.

“I've made a lot of albums but this one is really special to me,” composer David Bryan said. “MEMPHIS is about the birth of rock n roll, and to go into a studio with our amazing cast and kick-ass band is something I've been looking forward to for a long time.”

MEMPHIS began previews on Wednesday, September 23rd at the Shubert Theatre following critically-acclaimed and sold-out engagements at La Jolla Playhouse and Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theatre. The production opened to critical acclaim on Monday, October 19, 2009.


Do you suppose this is a new recording of the song, or the same one that's on the box set? Either way, and even if that wasn't a perk of this soundtrack, it's still on my must-have list.

Oh, Santa.....

~ Hath

source

PS: Here are some pics from the recording session:





0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP