Thursday, August 20, 2009

When We Were Beautiful ~ Cover Art

Saw this over on Amazon (release date October 27 as per their website). Yeah, I'm a little anxious, can you tell? NO, I didn't pre-order; Goddess' birthday is coming up next month, and Mr. Hath doesn't know what to get me...

Anyway...

The cover.

How many years have we been having the man-vs-band discussion, hmmm?

The book is entitled Bon Jovi: When We Were Beautiful

Not: Jon Bon Jovi: My Ass Still Rocks

At least the Encyclopedia had a band pic on it. Don't get me wrong, the picture is a great shot of Jon and yes, his ass does still rock, but this is supposed to be a book about the band, right? Not just Jon? Or is it about the band as told by Jon, in which case, I'll crawl back into the ether, and we can forget about this little episode.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Becky August 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I agree, unless the book is told entirely from Jon's perspective (which I don't think it is, judging from others who went to the documentary premiere), then we enter the age-old man vs. band debate again.

And just for the record, "Jon Bon Jovi: My Ass Still Rocks" made me actually laugh out loud.

Big Apple Jen August 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

I'm with Becky ... "Jon Bon Jovi: My Ass Still Rocks" TOTALLY made me spit out my Diet Coke. ROFLMAO

Yes, the documentary did focus on "the band" though considerable time is spent talking with/about Jon for obvious reasons.

Bottom line (pun completely intended) ... its the mystique/charisma/whatever of JBJ that captivates people. For the most part, its just fans that have the band vs man argument - right or wrong, but that's reality.

Unknown August 20, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Just found your blog...thanks to Big Apple Jovi Girl's tweet (thanks!). And I'm right there with Becky "Jon Bon Jovi: My Ass Still Rocks" made me laugh out loud too...and, yes I agree his ass does still rock...sigh.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP