Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rumors Abound...

... or maybe I'm just starting them :P

But, it seems that Jon's hob-knobbing with the pols this weekend was raising a few eyebrows. He attended an After-After party hosted by Michael Feldman, CAA Agent Michael Kives and Philippe Reines on Saturday night, where he drank Gray Goose vodka and chatted up white house speech writer John Lovett.

From all reports, he made the rounds of key Democratic movers and shakers on that night. Given his apparent fascination with politics and political figures, one can't help but wonder if Mr. B. is considering throwing his hat into the political ring once he's decided he's done making music.

Don't shake your head at me. At some point in his life, Jonny's gonna say "enough already", and he's got to do SOMETHING with all his free time *snicker...free time...snicker* so why not politics?

Alright, I'm sitting here shaking my head as I'm writing this. I just can't see enough people taking him "seriously" as a political persona. Sure he has influential contacts all over the world, and is a philanthropic wonder. But he's still "Jon Bon Jovi -- that long-haired rocker dude from New Jersey".

Hmmmm... would Richie run for Lieutenant Governor? Would the Dynamic Duo Ticket really win the vote?

That being said, I guess he would pretty much guarantee full turnout at the polls...every "state of the state" address Gov. B gave would pummel the ratings. Of course, any and every public speaking engagement would be crashed by screaming fans -- not really the image you want for your Governor, is it? Although, being from Massachusetts, I shouldn't speak ill of any state's choice of Governor....

Jon certainly has the charisma and ego to pull off a career in politics if that's what he wants to do. But he's got to consider this: he thinks the paparazzi is bad? Wait until the committees dig into his past, his family's past, his friends' past.... Politics is a nasty business. Everyone wants to win, and they'll play dirty to do it.

Can Jon play dirty enough?

I'll leave you with this thought, that a friend shared with me.

Surely, having seen politics "up close and personal" -- from the top down, no less -- Jon realizes he can do SO much more to impact the world as a private citizen/philanthropist than he could do if he got into the political arena.

I think she's dead on. Jon does so much. And as he said at the Can Do Awards ceremony, one person CAN make a difference. He already does make a difference in the world. He wouldn't be able to do so much once he was bound by the red-tape of bureaucracy.

~ Hath

8 comments:

Rike May 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

right now I can't imagine Jon as a politician. But maybe in 10 years? when he is getting bald ;)

.

.

.

sorry, but I couldn't resist.;)

Anonymous,  May 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Jon doesn't have the right temperament for a politician. Look now at his reaction in interviews...if he is pissed we all know it. OMG, the background checks...as Clooney said "I've slept with too many women, been to too many parties...". The press would have a field day with a rockstar. Although, fan wise...we might enjoy some of the tidbits that come out but his backing party nor family would...talk about a fish bowl!!

Becky May 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

There's a discussion about this on Backstage, and I have too many opinions about it to write in a comment, LOL. But Jon once said he wouldn't want to be in politics because "then automatically half the people hate you" (or something like that). These rumors have been flying for years, and I personally don't give them much weight. As for him needing something to do when he's done touring (God forbid that day be soon!), I can certainly see him dabbling more in politics and philanthropy - it's where his heart is. But actually RUNNING for office? I just can't see it.

Becky May 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Oh and let me clarify - his heart is in MUSIC, I just meant outside of music his heart is in philanthropy and bettering the world. ;)

Judith May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I won´t shake my head over this....

I just thought the same lately LOL

And that being said, you saw funnier things happen....

an actor for president.....yeah, I do remember Ronald Reagan LOL

and of course Terminator for governor ;)

so why not a singer??? LOL

okay maybe not now, but I think he tries to keep his foot in the door, just in case...

as for Richie, LOL, no way!!!!!
Maybe he would still be his pain in the ass and tell him when he´s over the top, haha, but I see Richie playing guitar as long as he can hold one in his hands ;)

Catte Sambora May 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

And don't forget Sonny Bono, Gopher from Love Boat (Fred Grandy), and Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard (Ben Jones)! They were all in Congress! :)

kiwichick May 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

I have heard these rumours before -personally I think Jon would get too frustrated with the restrictive nature of politics and playing political games. I think he'd get more achieved thru his pilanthropy than thru getting into politics.
But anyway, I hope any decisions he makes about his future are a long long long time away!!! I want him rockin' stadiums for a few more years yet!!

Catte Sambora May 13, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

What makes me laugh is the thought of all the campaign spinners trying to control Candidate Jonny and tell him what to think, do, say.... Hee hee... :) I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of THOSE conversations. I bet it would take about 5 seconds for Jon's Jersey Italian to come out "Whaddya mean, I HAVE to say (insert pandering statement here) I don't #*%!@^&! think so!"


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP