Monday, May 11, 2009

Jovi to Play Halftime?

The National Ledger is reporting that the band has been asked by NFL officials to perform at the Superbowl XLIV Halftime Show in 2010.

They also report that there has been no official response yet from Bon Jovi.

Whew! Wouldn't that be a hoot?

So, SuperBowl halftime is 30 minutes. Figure 10 minutes split between start and finish to do the setup/breakdown, leaving 20 minutes to perform. At an average of 4 minutes per song, that gives you five songs -- tops.

What are your five songs?

I think they all have to be rockers; no ballads, please. And for GOD'S sake, if they do Bad Medicine, no Shout. Please. PLEASE. Just... Say... No...

My five songs, in no particular order...

Wanted Can't have a Jovi show without it. Well, I guess technically you can (as evidenced by the glaring omit for the Unplugged 2007 set -- though there were reasons there, as I'm sure everyone knows by now) but you shouldn't.

One Wild Night IMO a song they don't do nearly enough of.

Runaway Really, did you think I'd leave this one off?

Damned I love this song. My favorite opening riff of any Jovi tune. I've seen the YTs on this, and it's amazing.

Unbreakable Absolutely a great song, and appropriate for the Superbowl if Jonny's Giants are playing... (ugh, can't believe I just said that)

Note I purposefully left off Who Says and Captain Crash. I'm all set with those. Some of you will clamor for Prayer or It's My Life or Bad Medicine.... yes, those are great songs, KEY songs in their catalog. They have SO much more to offer, though...

How 'bout you? What are your 5 songs?

~ Hath

5 comments:

Queenie May 11, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

If this happens, I'd really have to pay attention at half time. I haven't the last few years.

Hmmmm, my five songs? Tough choice, but here goes...

Wanted, of course, duh, it's their anthem...

Have a Nice Day, kind of thumb your nose at the less favored team or the team that is down at the half...

Bad Name, they ALWAYS play this, I've no doubt they wouldn't leave it out for this...

Lay Your Hands on Me, big stadium rock song, too long ignored...

And, finally, one that I absolutely love from HAND,

Last Man Standing...doesn't that just say it all?

I'm sure even with all the songs to pick from, they [Jon] will pick the fan favorites, not the ones HE really wants to play, so I'm sure we'd get the standard set list, Prayer, Bad Name, Wanted, IML, Bad Medicine... bummer...

Catte Sambora May 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Oh, Hallelujah! I will be SOOO happy if they play the Super Bowl! And seeing as how they will have a new album just recently dropped and a new tour ready to launch, I'm thinking the odds are good....

Hmmm...my 5 songs? Here we go:

One Wild Night - Totally with you on this one, Hath.

We Got It Goin' On - Fun, fun foot-stompin song. And since it promoed AFL for awhile, hmmm... a little subliminal "come watch Arena League after this Super Bowl thing is done."

I'll Be There For You - I know, I know...it's a ballad, but this is one that they can totally pull off in this kinda show. The Ultimate power ballad. Need a little tempo change anyway...

In These Arms - Sweet song, great tempo...makes everyone happy!

Born to Be My Baby - my all-time fave Jovi song, hands down.

Of course, the setlist will probably be IML, Bad Name, Prayer, Wanted, and whatever the current single off the new album is. Think I'll survive.... Hell, they could sing the alphabet and I'd be OK... :)

OH! And we can only hope for a "wardrobe malfunction"... :P

kiwichick May 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Oooh, only five songs allowed? Ok if I must narrow it down:
Definitely Wanted, as Queenie said Duh! how could they not!

One Wild Night

Blood on Blood - they dont play this live nearly enough for my liking!

Have a Nice Day

Unbreakable (have to agree with you there Hath)

Can I pick another 5 please!! 5 just aint enough!! Surely they can double the superbowl half time just for Bon Jovi? LOL!!

joviswillow May 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Jovi in 2010??? That would beat Springsteen in 09, and he was freakin amazing!!

As for the 5 songs... it would be the new single from the new album, Prayer, Wanted, maybe Bounce or Runaway and unfortunately, I bet he would do "Shout". It will have to be the most popular stuff, I think.

joviswillow May 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

But lordy, I would die if he did BTBMB... my all time fave!!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP