Thursday, May 14, 2009

iHome iP1 Packs a Bongiovi Punch



The new iP1 dock from iHome, which kicks off a new "Studio Series" for the manufacturer, and features "Bongiovi Digital Power Station processing" to bump up the quality. Tony Bongiovi, audio engineer and cousin to Jon Bon Jovi, developed the DPS technology to improve sound in "compromised" environments like cars (it's currently used by JVC in car stereos), planes and low-quality speakers, and is specifically tuned for its output device.

The upshot is that the iP1 brings volume and clarity to the low and high end of the audio, especially in older recordings that haven't already been compressed to high heaven, where details and oomph would be absent given the limited hardware.

Sure, the result isn't an "accurate" picture of what was recorded -- you still need studio monitors to do that -- but it makes most things sound "good" without adding the ruination of many digital audio enhancement techniques.

The dock itself packs a 100 watt amp, two 4-inch woofers and two 1-inch tweeters. The included remote can handle custom EQ in addition to switching Bongiovi on and off, and there's also component video out and full iPhone support. It should be hitting stores in the middle of July for about $299.


~ Hath

source

1 comments:

JBJBounce May 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

And I'm sure like most i whatever products if you don't have an iPod or an i something, it doesn't work. I have the iHome and it won't play my mp3 player that's another brand no matter how I plug it in.

Meanwhile, it plays my iPod shuffle just fine.

Pffft to them.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP