Monday, May 11, 2009

Jon Bon Goes To Washington

I know I've been absent this weekend; well hell, it was Mother's Day, and since I'm one of those, I had some family things to attend to. BUT that doesn't mean I was slacking off on my Jovial duties. Nuh-uh. Not me.

See, I had spies in Washington. Shhhhh.... Don't read that out loud for Pete's sake. A friend of mine was lucky enough to be semi-close to the "unloading zone" at NerdProm this weekend and sent me a report. Even better, she had a friend who was at the dinner.

This is my friend's account (edited to remove any of her defining information lol):

I’ve only seen the two of them together in person once before, and I gotta admit...I swooned just a little at how gentlemanly Jon is with his lovely bride. Just the way he so gently took her hand, the sweet little way they smiled at each other (kinda like “You ready? Okay, here we go!”), how he put his hand on the small of her back and rubbed just a little as they walked into the hotel...well, we girls all just gave one big collective sigh.

You probably already know there are pics up on Getty and WireImage – they do NO justice to either JBJ or Dot. That dress was just stunning, and JBJ was so, so dashing. Damn, that man can really ROCK a tux! (Tho’ I still prefer the shirt unbuttoned down to there…who doesn’t?) There should be a photo gallery up soon on the WHCD website.

This is the friend-of-a-friend's report:
DC pols & wonks were basically falling all over themselves all night to get to 3 people – Sting, JBJ, and Ashton Kutcher. Jon & Dot were at a table with David Axelrod (Obama advisor) & wife, Meghan McCain, and the Stephanopoli (George and Ali Wentworth). Apparently Jon spent most of the night engaged in very serious-looking conversation with Axelrod and several other pols; kinda stayed away from the "Hollywood Gang". He appeared to really enjoy the Obama speech, but Wanda’s, not as much. Then, when the dinner was over he and Dot were up and off like they were launched out of their chairs. Either they really had to pee or were making a run for the towncar to try to beat traffic to the VF party.

Here are some photos:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


~ Hath

1 comments:

Becky May 11, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Thanks, hath. I love that account of how sweet Jon is with Dot - I've seen it too. I met both of them in Los Angeles a few years ago at a Red Carpet event, and I remember noting just how beautiful Dot is in person, and how utterly gentlemanlike Jon was with her. (And that's an amazing feat to note all that when I had just met one of my heros!)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP