Friday, May 22, 2009

His Name is Tico...



... and he's an amazing artist.

I don't just mean his tenure with Bon Jovi.

The first work I had ever seen of his is called "First Love". I hadn't seen it first-hand, mind you, but a friend had sent a photo of it to me and asked me what I thought. He didn't tell me who the artist was.

When I saw this piece, I thought it was beautiful. The wonman's lines were perfect. The slight concavity of her abdomen and the line of her ribs; the small upturned breast; the muscles in her back. A very tasteful nude painting. What stood out for me most were the roses. In that shades-of-gray photo, there was muted color in the roses. Peachy-salmon tones tipped the petals. There are lithographs of this painting now, and from what I understand, the roses are distinct on each one. Tico adds something to each print so they're all unique. I think that's pretty cool.

Tico's done a complete series of nudes, which I will not post photos of here. You can find them at the website for the gallery through which his work can be purchased: Walnut Street Gallery in Fort Collins, Colorado.

One painting of his that I find especially haunting is "She Waits". I would love prints or posters to be made of this one. The colors are gorgeous; the azure of the water meshing seamlessly into the sky; the burnt orange and umbre shades mixed with the sea-green on the beach; the splashes of red and pink on the boats -- just lovely. The sentiment of the painting is what haunts me, though. In my personal interpretation -- and what is art, if not personal to everyone who views it? -- the woman is sitting waiting to see if her lover's boat washes ashore like so many others before his. She has been waiting for him; anxiously praying for his safe return only to be met with empty waters. It just touches something in me.


Take a look on the gallery's website. They describe him as "...an incredibly versatile painter; his styles change and evolve as his talent grows. Many of his works are reminiscent of the German Expressionist painters of the 30’s, while others range from classical to abstract in nature." I don't know from German Expressionist paintings, but I know what moves me. "First Love" and "She Waits" do that for me.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Kris May 23, 2009 at 4:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris May 23, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Everytime I see a painting of him I'm surprised. Somehow I never expected that he could do such great paintings. Maybe someday I'm able to buy one. :)

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

I've seen some prints of his (alas, only online; I would love to see them in person), and I think his work is amazing. Some of his paintings definitely have a german expressionism-ness about them, but others remind me of Picasso. All of them strike me as emotional and beautiful and yes, some strike me as musical.
~wildflowerlily


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP