Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jon's Injury

By now, I'm sure everyone's heard this:

Most rock band’s lead singers have a reputation for toughness but Jon Bon Jovi is raising the bar. Jon suffered a serious strain at a concert in Finland last night and still finished a three-hour show.

Playing to a sold-out crowd at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki the 49-year old iconic rocker damaged what’s known as the ‘Medial Collateral Ligament’ at the core of the knee.

The injury apparently happened about an hour into their set, but despite what must have been serious pain and a torrential rainstorm Jon kept things rocking for another two hours before seeking help.

“Fans need not worry,” Matt Bongiovi, of the band’s fan club assured Us Magazine. “Jon is in good health and future shows will not be affected.”

Any injury to this particular ligament can be really painful and recovery can take over three months. Jon is now using crutches to help reduce the effects but the band already confirmed they’ll be headlining the ‘Hard Rock Calling’ event in London which starts in just five days.
source

As a veteran of two blown-out knee caps (all ligament damage, no surgery) I can empathize.

Stay off it as much as possible, Jon (haha) and LISTEN to the doctors...

~ Hath


3 comments:

Greatmagic June 19, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Poor thing, must have been in agony :( (MCL strain is always painful I can assure everyone from they teach us at medschool). Hats off to his determination & effort, despite the pain he did go on the ramp, and completed the show. Amazing! It just proves what a strong man he is and how much he cares about his fans and respects his job. A true professional, our dear Superman, God bless! Wishing him a fast & complete recovery.

fivefivegenie,  June 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

I had ligament damage to my knee when I was a teenager...and don't wish it on anyone! Jon was clearly in agony as the show progressed, but as the professional he is, he kept right on going!

Let's hope he gives it the time it needs to heal!

Anonymous,  June 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

They don't really have time, though, do they?

They have major dates coming in one of their biggest countries (GB).

I think this is the part of the tour for which they were saving the best, but now I think most of that will go out the door.
Let's hope this is a blessing in disguise which teaches Jon that bigger most certainly isn't better. It's not age really, young people can get repeatedly busted up too. It's more the mileage with him. Give us another side, the one with more substance.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP