Monday, June 20, 2011

JonBon to have Surgery next month

As posted by JBJ (or a delegate) to Facebook:

Hi guys - everything went fine last night in Denmark, just a little soreness. The brace takes the pressure off but it's just a precaution until the surgery next month. We're moving forward as usual.

However, as we continue on, it was also important to us to honor our friend Clarence Clemons. His passing is a sad loss and we wanted to honor him, his family, his bandmates and his many friends. Our performance of “10th Avenue Freeze Out” was from all of us, as your fans. -jbj



This makes me wonder if it's really an MCL tear or something more. Surgery for MCL tears is usually only indicated if there are other joint issues. BUT, I'm just a victim of knee problems, not a doctor (lol) so what do I know?

That being said, the recovery time from surgery is far less than that with bracing. Worst case, a Grade-III tear is a few months in a hinged brace followed by physical therapy. Surgery is less time than that in terms of non-mobility.

In any event, speedy recovery wishes to you, Jon. Knees can be a bitch, and we like you dropping to them too much in KTF for you to irrevocably damage them.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 20, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

man that was start off positively and throw in a curveball. i forget now but theres a cartoon character that does that..

alicefayenjbj June 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM  

Total knee takes 6 weeks from surgery through therapy. Orthoscopic takes about the same length of time. had both. Ortho first and total knee last. Should have had the total knee and skipped the ortho that left me with a limp for three years. Sounds like more than a MCL maybe a torn Mediscus along with the MCL. Only Jon and his Ortho Doctor know. Can recommend my Ortho Doctor had me off the walker and onto the cane in less that two weeks. It helps to do the exercises before the surgery. Best sleep I ever had was when I was on the Motion machine that bends your knee in degrees.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

"Only Jon and his Ortho Doctor know."

No shit sherlock. thanks for the expertise but since only jon and his doctor know id rather leave it at that.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP