Thursday, April 28, 2011

Richie Heading Back to Rehab?

According to RadarOnline, that is the case.  Citing exhaustion and a need to "regain sobriety", Richie is rumored to be heading back into rehab:

Sambora is coming off a highly successful tour with Bon Jovi and is checking into a facility for exhaustion and to regain his sobriety.

”Richie recently has been drinking too much, and wants to get his life together," a source told RadarOnline.com exclusively, adding that the band has been very supportive of the rehab decision.

"Richie has had a busy year," a close friend of the musician told Radar. "I think this was a culmination of all the things that overloaded his life and finally he realized he needed to take care of himself.”

It was not immediately clear how Sambora's treatment will affect his role in Bon Jovi. The group is scheduled to play tour dates this month in the U.S. before performing in Europe during June.
You can read the whole article here.

My initial thought was “I’d like to think Richie was stronger than that”, but then I realized, it does take incredible strength to know when you need help. Assuming this rumor is true, then he’s getting help before the drinking becomes a Problem, with a capital ‘P’. I say good for him for realizing he needs to keep his life straight, and taking steps to do it.

As for the “It was not immediately clear how Sambora's treatment will affect his role in Bon Jovi” part, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t continue touring with the band. IMO they’d get egged/tomatoed in Europe if Richie wasn’t there.

If it's true, Richie, know that you have a spot in the hearts and prayers of millions of fans out here. We're all pulling for you.

If it's not true, well, you're still in our hearts and prayers because we love you and only want good things for you :)

~ Hath

4 comments:

Cindy aka Miss Moose April 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

From your keypad to God's ears Hath. We will always love him no matter what.

On that note, I am wondering, because other sites are saying he is already in rehab, or went to rehab which would make sense since he has been off the road for a few weeks. And yes that is one disease that is always an ongoing battle and with his lifestyle would be even harder. It does take more strength to admit it is a problem and seek help.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Richie and his family.

Genie P April 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

"If it's true, Richie, know that you have a spot in the hearts and prayers of millions of fans out here. We're all pulling for you.

If it's not true, well, you're still in our hearts and prayers because we love you and only want good things for you :)"

All I can say is "Ditto." Love you, Richie!

Jordana April 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

yes lets egg and tomato the people that are honoring their contracts. only in the rock n roll world!!

sorry but yes it's an ongoing problem. except when someone has "recognized" the problem about 70 times now, and almost every time brushed it off with a "yeah i detoxed for a coupla days".

you are all blindly in love, i get it, and he's your guitar god. but think at least a little about all this.

Genie P April 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

70 times? Really? I musta really been out of the loop.

And, yeah, I HAVE thought about this. I'm a recovering addict myself. It takes a lot to stay sober...but it also takes one hell of a lot of guts to say "I need help" especially when you're in the public eye.

Hope you're perfect as you think you are.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP