Thursday, April 28, 2011

Interview with David Bergman

A great article on the Bon Jovi Photographer, David Bergman, from the PhotoShelter blog.

You're known for your sports images and Gigapan work. How did you get into music photography?
I was a musician before I ever picked up a camera. After attending the Berklee College of Music in Boston for my freshman year of college, I transferred to the University of Miami. At UM, I walked into the school newspaper on a whim and began my photo career.

Years later, when I was on staff at the Miami Herald, I pitched a story to the entertainment desk that put me on tour with Gloria Estefan. Next thing I knew, I was on a tour bus with Gloria and her family and loving every minute of it.

When I went freelance and moved to New York City in 2001, I was determined to make tour photography a regular part of my photo business.

Did you start off shooting both live events as well as band portraits?
Early on, I preferred shooting live events. The excitement and energy in the middle of a big stadium show just can't be beat. But over time, I've developed my portraiture style. The truth is that bands are more willing to pay for portraits. Lighting a portrait and working directly with artists is something that not everyone can do. Those that can do it well should always be able to find work.

How do you go from shooting local bands to Bon Jovi?
Slow and steady wins the race. That's my philosophy. I've been in this business for 20 years and treat every shoot as an opportunity to show what I can do.

My advice is to be nice to everyone and, most importantly, produce the highest quality work possible every single time you shoot. You never know who is talking about you and who can help you in the future.
You can read the whole interview here.

~ Hath

1 comments:

Bouncespain April 29, 2011 at 5:12 AM  

Letters of support for Richie Sambora
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letters-of-support-for-Richie-Sambora/196537973722420#!/pages/Letters-of-support-for-Richie-Sambora/196537973722420


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP