Monday, April 18, 2011

Did You Know...

... that JonBon is a cousin to Epstein? (from Welcome Back, Kotter)

I had no idea. Thanks Catte, for the article from MyCentralJersey:

Welcome back, Robert Hegyes.

The Metuchen native, who played Epstein on "Welcome Back, Kotter," is enjoying new acclaim as the show marks its 35th anniversary.

"I auditioned for Barbarino," said Hegyes, who still has his Epstein denim vest with the Puerto Rican flag on the back. "I'm in the elevator and there's another kid and (producer) Alan Sacks and he says "How are you doing Epstein?' and I said "No, I'm Barbarino.' John (Travolta) said "I thought I was Barbarino,' and they went "you're Barbarino and you're Epstein!' "
Travolta is also a Jersey native, coming from Englewood. Palillo did not make the reunion as he's recovering from surgery.

Hegyes was born in Perth Amboy and grew up on Woodbridge Avenue in Metuchen, near the house where he now lives on the same avenue. He's of Hungarian and Italian descent — Jon Bon Jovi is a cousin — which is different from the Epstein character, who proudly proclaimed his Puerto Rican and Jewish ethnicity.

The 1969 Metuchen High School graduate played football and acted, too.

God, I can't imagine anyone other than Travolta as Vinnie Barbarino :)

~ Hath

1 comments:

blushnscarlet April 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

John is definitely the only Vinnie in MY mind! And strangely enough, I always think of Vinnie when I hear Jon singing 'She Don't Know Me'.

Muh haihr.. Muh haihr!

*snicker*


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP