Monday, April 11, 2011

Brokenpromiseland DVD Set Questions

Hey everyone!

I've gotten a bunch of questions about the DVD 5-pack (culled from YouTube) of the Australia/New Zealand shows.  Rather than try to answer everyone individually, I thought I'd just post about it.

Here are a couple of things to know about this (and most other multi-file RAR set):

[1] RAR files are compressed archive files (like ZIP files). You almost always have to download them ALL to be able to unzip them.  In this case, you definitely need them all to extract the goodies inside.

[2] You can open/extract from RAR files with a number of programs; some of my favorites are winRAR, winZIP, and 7ZIP (free).  There are other tools, but these are the ones I use on my PC.

[3] The contents of the RAR files (for this download) are not the individual video files, but rather DVD directories (VIDEO_TS).  You need software for burning a DVD.  I use the utility that comes with DVDVideoSoft's bundle (free), but you can use NeroRoxio, or a host of other tools.

-- Most tools require both VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories.  If there is no AUDIO_TS directory, you can create one.  It doesn't matter if it's empty (apparently), it just has to be there.

I haven't downloaded this set of files yet (I'm working on downloading some other stuff first), but hopefully this helps folks out who are having troubles.

Good Luck!

~ Hath

3 comments:

I love Jon Bon Jovi,  April 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Thank you for this. I hope this helps:D

Anonymous,  April 11, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

are they dvds from youtube videos??

Anonymous,  April 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Thank you for all the info!!!! FAB!!! Do you have any idea on where to find the "Its My Life: Live At The Bogata, Atlantic City 2004, DVD? Thanks a million. LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!♥♥♥
Maria


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP