Thursday, April 14, 2011

Agora, Ohio, 1984

Jane Scott was there at Live Aid back in 1983, and she blogged about it here.  She meanders through memories of the show, and segues into paragraphs about different artists she's met in or who've played at different venues in Ohio over the years.  She has this to say about our boys:

Bon Jovi was living on little more than a prayer when the band came to Cleveland in March 1984. The crowd went to the Agora to see the Cleveland band Beau Coup, then began to filter out before Bon Jovi had taken the stage.

Agora owner Henry Lo Conti was able to herd only about 150 fans back into the club to see the New Jersey band.

"I felt embarrassed for the guy," Lo Conti said of lead singer Jon Bon Jovi. But Jon Bon Jovi sang like there were 1,000 people in the crowd. Two years later, after the band hit it big with the album "Slippery When Wet," it drew 42,000 to Lo Conti's Buckeye Lake Center near Columbus.
Could you imagine (today) an intimate 150-person show?  How much would the die-hard fans LOVE that :)

This reminded me of the story from when Jon was working on U-571 with Matthew McConaughey. Remember this one?

Matthew asked Jon, "How do you stay so humble?" Jon answered, "Do you know what color the seats are in the stadium in Knoxsville, Tennessee? They are orange. I know that because I saw a bunch of empty seats at our concert there." Matthew subsequently sent Jon a section of the bleacher seats when the Knoxville stadium was demolished.

Anyway, if you want to hear the show, you can get the bootleg from D & P's Bootleg Tunz World.  It's an amazing show.

~ Hath

2 comments:

blushnscarlet April 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

One of my favorite JBJ stories...

Anonymous,  April 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

cool story


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP