Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Students help setup at Mohegan

Uncasville, Conn. (WTNH) - Local students who want to break into show business got a chance to help set up for the Bon Jovi concert at Mohegan Sun.

"We'll build a stage out in about six or seven hours and it takes about two or three hours to strip it all down," explained Mike Savas, Management Coordinator.

In each city Bon Jovi does more than wow the crowds with the classics. The band also invites a group of students to get a behind the scenes look at the life of a roadie.

"Giving back to local communities. Giving them insight and for the roadies it's really cool because we're so disconnected from real life," Savas said.

The Quinnipiac seniors are getting a rare look at what goes into a major production.

"For me, I've never really been part of the music industry and kind of like a real life situation so I think that this is a situation experience is really, you can't get anywhere else," said senior Caitlin Goldberg.

It's also a chance to network which could lead to real work. Mike Savas hires four locals as management assistants for the day when he's in town.

"If one of these people called me and said I want to work for the day, don't tell them that then I'll have 20 people calling me, but yeah if someone was special I would absolutely hire them for the day," Savas said.

source

Miss the show last week? Bon Jovi will be coming back to the Mohegan Sun Arena in May.
looks around frantically for lottery ticket

I like how the setup takes THAT much longer than the breakdown.  Kind of like preparing Thanksgiving Dinner.   I think it's great that they're giving the college kids this opportunity.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP