Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let It Snow.... aw shaddap

It's all pretty UNTIL...

... it bows the trees down so low that the slightest breeze brings ominous, teasing CRAK! noises to you, and we have 30-mile an hour gusts...

...the power goes out along with the phones, the internet, and the heat...

... you spend more than 2 hours out in the cold, wet snow, cleaning off the driveway, front walkway, front stoop, back stairs and deck, to try to keep on top of the snowfall, only to find them FULL AGAIN when the shovels go back into the garage...

...the snowfall is measured in FEET instead of INCHES...

...you take refuge at your mom's house in the next town over because she has power and more importantly, HEAT...

Thankfully, we haven't had any damage, we're just COLD....  Mr. Hath is at home rigging the furnace with a plug so we can use the generator and have heat in the house for a while.  Hathlet and I are at my mother's feeding our addictions -- me with the internet connection, and he with the television.

It's STILL coming down.

STILL.

And it's pretty.

But enough.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

Lucky for us, we only got 5 inches so everything was business as usual today but OMG, I'm so glad I don't live by you! LOL! I'm sure your Mom loves having you & your son over, so stay warm & stay connected! ;) You think you'll be thawed out by 2013?

xoxox
~ Sterling

Anonymous,  January 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM  

Here in Alabama things should be back to normal by Friday. Most of the roads around town are clear, but I live out of town and it is still icy in spots. Love the abbreviated work schedule though! Thank goodness we never lost power or phones. It is so pretty but gets old quick when you can't function. Stay warm and safe!

-Amanda

alicefayenjbj January 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Will more than happy to swap a few feet of snow for several inches of the Ice we got. Lost my only set of car keys tore up the house looking for them gave up called work, was informed to call a cab. Called three got the same response, Lady we got 16 cabs and 89 people waiting. So I go, It's only 7 blocks...So I call and tell them I was walking. Got a call produce manager is going to pick me up off the main street, it's clear. So I start out. Stay in the yards, yeah after you tromp through three inches of ice. My neighbors have gravel drives...when the hell did they all pave them? Took me 35 minutes to go two blocks. Got a friend to pick me up at lunch to get my emergency key. Got home found keys in work shoe that I must have dropped them in. Yard still looks like at ice skating rink with snow under it. Supposed to be 45 degrees Sunday, maybe it will melt by then. On the good side we never lost power at home or at work.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP