Tuesday, January 11, 2011

JoviStock 2011?



Possible poster for the gig?

Gotta love snooty rich people. Well you don't really have to, I won't make you, but the latest news out of the Hamptons just made me shake my head.

Come mid-August, "Sag Harbor motel owner Chris Jones and screenwriter Bill Collage" plan to organize and throw a two- to three-day music festival at the Ocean View Farm in Amagansett. (The farm's also on the market for about $20 million.) When petitioning for a mass gathering permit, the planners mentioned that the event could include around 20 acts, draw 9,600 visitors, and raise thousands of dollars for local charities.

Sounds fun, especially since acts like Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Joel were mentioned.

Problem is, an event like this can overwhelm a small town, and some residents are anything but willing to put up with it. They say the festival-goers will "go on a rampage through Amagansett," destroying the host farm and scaring off the area's "typically affluent summer visitors." During a board meeting, one citizen even said the proposed festival "reeks of a Woodstock acid flashback."
Are rich people really scared of throngs music fans?  I'm not rich, so I don't know for sure.

Is "Music Festival" synonymous with "property damage"?  Maybe sometimes, but so is "sporting event", "church picnic", and any other event where more than 10 people are hanging around *coughcatte'snewyearsparty*

Or do the residents of the hamlet prefer the farm's land be used for more "upper crust" events like art shows, polo matches, or educational seminars as has been done in the past?

C'mon.  This is The Hamptons, people. And the gig is for charity. Are Mr. Jones and Mr. Collage really going to price tickets for this festival within anyone's "reasonable spending" range?  I don't think the residents have to worry about the -- ick -- middle class (oh the HORROR!) invading their little corner of The Hamptons.

You'd be better off to hang around Stephen Talkhouse the weekend of the gig. Cover charge doesn't typically get up over $100, and you never know WHO will stop by.

~ Hath

source

3 comments:

Catte Sambora January 11, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

LMAO! Touche'...

Thanks to homeowner's insurance and a next-door neighbor who is a plumber all is back in working order, lol.

NOT hosting the Super Bowl party...

T January 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Oh come ON, Catte! I was totally looking forward to THAT morning after story in my email box, too!

The biggest worry I have when I have people over is if Kidd will eat the neighbors or not!...lol

Thanks for the share, Hath! I'm sure the tickets will far exceed my meager budget.....for the YEAR!

~T

rutpop January 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

OMG this is too funny, things like "festival-goers will "go on a rampage" "reeks of a Woodstock acid flashback."
Now can't you just picture everyone showing up dressed int their best throw back hippie frocks, smokin their weed and dropping acid all the while rockin out to Bon Jovi's Livin On A Prayer and Billy Joel's Piano Man.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP