Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Greatest Hits Track Listing

No, no, no, it's not here.

Starting TODAY, September 7th, BonJovi will be revealing the track list of Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits album in an exciting and interactive way on Bon Jovi's Facebook page!

For every 10,000 fans that "like" Bon Jovi's Facebook page, a new song on the track list will be revealed! Previously released tracks will have a link to listen to the whole song, and brand new songs will have a link for a 30 second sneak peak clip! You can find this on Bon Jovi's Facebook page under the tab titled "Band Page".

After you like Bon Jovi's page, you can help unlock the tracks faster by using the "Suggest to Friends" option located just below the profile picture on Bon Jovi's Facebook page.

OK. So. The UK/Aussie news outlets are saying there will be between 28 and 30 tracks. We already know at least a dozen or so from different other articles and our common sense. So, call it 20 tracks "yet to be unveiled" -- but knowing the Jovi Machine, my suspicion is that they'll "release" all ~30.

How many FB Fans are there already? Can't we bank on who's already there?

30 tracks by 10,000 fans -- that's 300,000 new fans on Facebook. Can they do that by November? I hate to say it, but if they haven't by NOW, with all the Circle Tour dates that have happened, I don't see it happening.

The GH chatter is all bust, especially in light of what Bruce is doing. Not only that, we were ASKED by AEG earlier in the year what we wanted in a GH release.

Either nobody answered, in which case there's no real interest in the GH release at all...

... or we did in fact answer, so we care about the GH release, but seeing what the offering is, have now determined we were effectively told "Piss off" by the band who ignored our pleas for something "great".

Either way, to my eyes, the getting 300k "new" fans starting today seems a bit of a stretch.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

~ Hath

6 comments:

Catte Sambora September 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Do we really care what the GH tracklist is? Aside from the new tracks, don't we already have them all? :|

The Goddess Hathor September 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

Thanks for making my point for me, Cate!!

I'm all for social networking, but make it meaningful for pity's sake!!

~ Hath

PS: My word verification was "biftsaph" which sorta sounds like "bitch slap" which is apropos, no?

Joelle,  September 7, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

The only thing that I can see (or hope) comes from this GH album and FB promotion is that some of these lesser played greatest hits start getting played more at shows. I'm thinking Living In Sin, etc. If some of the newer fans can get to love these songs, I think that's great. I hope that happens.

Anonymous,  September 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Universal Japan has confd 32 songs for Ultimate edition and it's already on preorder at CD japan and HMV japan Amazon US has the import for $53
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/bonjovi/new.html

alicefayenjbj September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

Okay, I have heard Jon say that the economy in the USA sucks that's why there was a very limited summer LH tour, we had 'Work for the Working Man' from the circle, is it me or is 53.00 for a greatest hits CD comp a little high for an economy that sucks?
I am a single person living on one income and paying utilities and gas to get to said job and put food in my stomach so I can work to afford the gas and the food, it's gonna be rough to shell out that much money for something that I already have say 28 songs already? Heck i ended up in the rafters for the Circle tour and might have to pass if they come back my way for this GH tour.

Might have to pass on this cd or hope that Santa can send it to me for Christmas.

JBJBounce September 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

I just checked Amazon for the GH CD and discovered that it's on pre-order there for $14.98. Now $15 is more in my budget than $53.

Add to that, I was at WalMart yesterday and discovered that the MSG DVD was on sale there for $10. I don't know if that was the regular price for it or not, but I'd forgotten that it was even released.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP