Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why does Bon Jovi make me want to flick my Bic?

Because their music is amazing. The Bic-flicking tracks like Never Say Goodbye, Always, Bitter Wine, I’ll Be There For You, (It’s Hard) Letting You Go, Dry County... move me in a way that other so-called power ballads don’t. Chalk it up to being a child of the 80’s, and growing up with these songs as THE soundtrack to my memories (uh, hello, Senior Prom 1987 — NSG — need I say more?)

There are so many things I admire about this band…

... The fact that they’re not afraid to reach outside their comfort zone (TLFR) and not give a rat’s patootie what the critics say.

... The fact that the members of the band have other interests besides “being in Bon Jovi”. Have you SEEN Tico’s art? Laughed your butt off at Toxie? Enjoyed Richie’s line of guitars and solo career? Watched any of Jon’s movies?

... The fact that they GIVE BACK when they don’t have to. If you look in Wikipedia under “philanthropy” I think there’s a JonBon photo somewhere on the page. The money that the Tico Torres Golf Classic raises, the events Richie does for the Midnight Mission, the work David does for Only Make Believe, Save The Music, Music for All… come ON!

... The fact that they’re all great dads, and love and protect their kids

Bon Jovi is so much more than just “a hair-band from the 80’s who is still making music”. They are real men with real families, real problems, and a real talent for making me smile. They inspire me in so many ways (some family friendly, some not lol) and have led me to meet so many wonderful people through a joint love of this band that I wouldn’t otherwise know.

When I flick my Bic, it isn’t just because the tune demands it.

It’s in celebration of the wonderful things the band does, on and off the stage.

It’s in celebration of the myriad of emotions they can evoke and emote with just a fingertip or a long-held note.

It’s in celebration of the fellow members of the Sisterhood of the Brotherhood who have joined my extended family.

It’s in celebration of the joy that is, and God willing, will for many more years be, Bon Jovi.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP