Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rock of Ages: The Movie

Adam Shankman, the man behind the recent film adaptation of HAIRSPRAY, has just signed on to do the same for ROCK OF AGES.

The play features a love story set to the ‘80s sounds of Journey, Twisted Sister, Joan Jett, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar and more. Shankman is excited about the project, and has adopted a “go big or go home” mentality about it, due to the fact that he thinks he’s going to be able to reach a wider audience thanks to the tunes of the play.

"I had the best time of my life making 'Hairspray' and badly wanted another musical, and when I watched 'Rock of Ages,' I was struck by the fact that not only had much of the audience seen it more than once, every guy in the audience knew the words to the songs. What an extraordinary opportunity to open the genre to an audience that otherwise wouldn't go see a musical."

"I'm thinking big, and absolutely am going to attempt to cast with movie stars. Now that musicals are working again, actors are much more open to it."


In case you don't know what the story is about, here's a brief synopsis.

It’s the tail end of the big, bad 1980s in Hollywood, and the party has been raging hard. Aqua Net, Lycra, lace and liquor flow freely at one of the Sunset Strips last legendary venues, a place where sex machine Stacee Jaxx takes the stage and scantily clad groupies line up to turn their fantasies into reality. Amidst the madness, aspiring rock star (and resident toilet cleaner) Drew longs to take the stage as the next big thing (and longs for small-town girl Sherri, fresh off the bus from Kansas with stars in her eyes). But the rock and roll fairy-tale is about to end when German developers sweep into town with plans to turn the fabled Strip into just another capitalist strip mall. Can Drew, Sherri and the gang save the strip–and themselves–before it's too late? Only the music of hit bands Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and more hold the answer.



I haven't seen the play, but hear it was fantastic. Who would YOU like to see in it?

~ Hath

1 comments:

Unknown October 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

I would like to see Mark Wahlberg, I loved him in rock star. I would like to see Rachel McAdams in the lead as well...I love her.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP