Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ticket Rant

OK, so I've been tweeting and emailing about being excited that Daughtry's gonna be in my neck of the woods on August 4th, and today tickets went on sale at 10:00 EDT.

Within 15 seconds (that's how long it took me to type in the two verification words and click "enter") all the tickets were gone.

10 seconds after that (that's as long as it took me to go to StubHub) there were hundreds of tickets on sale on that site, from $89 to $400!

The tickets on TicketMaster were $20.

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. Pissed is more like it.

Why can't the artists control how their tickets are sold? If they can't maintain these controls through TicketMaster, why aren't they fighting it? No matter how they get their tickets out there, they'd sell!

I say go back to the days when you had to go to the venue and wait at the box office to get your tickets.

It would exclude the out-of-town fans from a lot of shows, but at least would be more fair. If you really wanted to go to the show, you'd find a way to get there or have a friend get tix.

I've sent messages to Chris Daughtry on his website and Tweeted them too.

This is crazy.

~ Hath

2 comments:

TaraLeigh July 11, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Ever since they started doing this immediate resale thing on BOTH TM and these shiester sites, it's been harder and harder for a REGULAR person to go and get tickets.

I bet if you want on TM's resale site there's another 100 of them for obscene prices.

And you know what? Daughtry's only getting the a CUT of the $20 ticket usually.

I've heard unfortunate rumblings that on some of those resales the artist or label can get a kickback tho. Grrrrr.

And they wonder why all of us are disgusted with the way things are moving along in MusicLand.

Anonymous,  July 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

As I tweeted, I'm speechless. I can't believe this shite is happening, surely the music business can't exist without artists so the artists need to stand up for their fans.

In the words of my best friend, this is wanky bollocks!
I hope CD tweets something about it, would be interesting to see what he thinks.

Vicki


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP