Thursday, July 09, 2009

It Seems Like Yesterday...

Yes, it was one year ago today that my "Bon Jovi Weekend" started. Two shows in Boston, then a weekend trip to NYC for Central Park. By far the most fun I've ever had with a group of girls, hands down.

I've got a bunch of pictures down below, pictures that make me smile and laugh, a few that make me cry with longing.

"Below what?" you ask.

Below the song.

Yeah, so one of the things I can apparently do is write lyrics for a melody.

So hear that JB and Rich? Next time you're ready to toss the notepad out the window, give me a call. Jon, you do the title. Richie, you supply the notes. Me? I'll supply a little bit of purple prose to get things going. You don't even have to pay me or give me credit on the sleeve. Just a hug and a "Thanks, darlin'" is all I need.

So, without further ado, and with my sincere apologies to Mr. Bob Seger, here's my song.

Until the End (sung to the tune of "Against the Wind")

It seems like yesterday
But it was long ago
Richie was lovely, he was the king of my night
There in the darkness with his six-string, hat pulled low.

And the music that we shared
The love that freely flowed
Flowed like a river in the midst of a storm
It was the sweetest, sweetest thing, that I ever will know.

And I remember what he sang to me
The desire to be my Valentine
I remember how he held the mic so tight
Oh how I wish those words were legitimately mine

Until the end
We denied it would ever end
We were singing, dancing, and happy
Until the end

And the hours rolled slowly past
And Friday came around
I was surrounded bv strangers who now were my friends
Some came so far, so far away from home

And we waited for our band
There were oh so many songs
I was living to sing and singing to live
Never worried about how they wouldn't be playing for long

Moving me with their music, their words, and their smiles
Even Hugh showed off a secret grin
There's just something 'bout Boston, I guess
Brings to mind lust, and passion and sin

Until the end
We denied it would ever end
We were singing, dancing, and happy
Until the end

Well those girls are my sisters now
And I find myself inspired
Stories and fantasies
What to leave in
What to leave out

Until the end
We denied it would ever end
We were singing, dancing, and happy
Until the end

We were singing, dancing, and happy
Until the end





God I had such a great time that weekend. Flirted with David, had some excellent Italian in NYC, spent a lot of time laughing with good friends.

Boys, before I start crying, please announce the next tour...

~ Hath

3 comments:

Big Apple Jen July 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Can you believe it has been a year already? It feels like so long ago ... and yet it feels like just yesterday. The pizza at the hotel in Boston. The "adventurous" trip to NYC (via NJ...LOL) The surprise stop at the stadium! The super-plush hotel in Manhattan (thank you Willow!) The exhausting, yet absolutely AMAZING time in Central Park. Okay ... now you've got ME crying ...

Big hug to you, my friend. Until next time ... :-)

TaraLeigh July 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

*sigh*

Our first official meet, Miss Hath. God, I'm so glad you're still talking to me, even when I hobbled you for the rest of the weekend! LOL

LOVELY lyrics darlin'. Such great memories of that night. It's so awesome when you get to see the guys ON FIRE like they were those 2 nights.

I can't WAIT until we can do it all over again. *muah*

Queenie July 10, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Next time, I'm coming too!!! Hurry up with the next tour already guys! LOL


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP