Thursday, April 23, 2009

David on Q104.3 Radio

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


In case you're not in the know (as I wasn't, seeing as how I live in Boston), this is a NY Classic Rock radio station. David was on the Jim Kerr show on April 21.

There are several pics of him in the studio, which I thought were cool, and two brief video clips of him doing some songs: both Toxie and Jovi tunes (they just happened to have a keyboard set up for him). I have to wonder, if the DJs had brought in their kids' Casios, would David still have played? Suppose he's an equipment snob?

Anyway, I love the backdrop for some of the photos: the racks and racks of CDs. That SO reminds me of when I was a spinner at my college radio station. We were called spinnes because we actually had racks and racks of records way back then. You remember records, don't you, gentle reader? We had only one rack of CDs, and we all mourned the conversion.

*snif*

I haven't been in a radio station control room for what seems like eons, but I would think most stations would have their collections computerized, no? I mean I'm glad to see this isn't the case because I remember that there was nothing more fun than going through the stacks and pulling vinyl, leaving the sleeves sticking out an inch or two so you could find where to re-file them.

Of course, the re-filing was no fun.

~ Hath





UPDATE: I uploaded the "avi" versions of these videos to my SkyDrive:

3 comments:

Big Apple Jen April 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

I love David's comment about how he could play cruise ships! Wouldn't that just be a hoot ... showing up on your Carnival trip to Cancun ... LOL

Jim Kerr is great ... and he LOVES Bon Jovi - all of them boys. He grew up going to the clubs on the Jersey shore. I think of him as one of the great remaining DJs along with Pierre Robert and John DeBella (also in Philly.)

As for being an equipment snob, I would say he probably isn't. Pianists are often at the mercy of the instrument put in front of them.

Gotta go ... still haven't packed and the plane for Vegas leaves in a few hours ... ayyyy. Will text/Twitter from the show.

Joviswoman April 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

I just love the guys voice and watcing him sing is just a great sensory pleasure, his facial expressions are *sigh*

kiwichick April 26, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Thanks for sharing Hath - I love to hear David sing - wish he did more. Loved him singing that song, he looks like he's having so much fun when he plays and sings.
Jx


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP