Tuesday, December 20, 2011

MORE Hope Concert

Some photos and information from the ever-lovely CatteSambora




Show Lineup:

Jon Bon Jovi
Southside Johnny
Gary U.S. Bonds
Bobby Bandiera
The Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue
Nicole Atkins
Brian Fallon (of The Gaslight Anthem)
Tim McLoone and The Shirleys

Bobby Bandiera (Music Director, Vocals, Guitar)
Nicky Addeo (Vocals)
John Berry (Trumpet)
Joe Bellia (Percussion)
Jim Celestino (Guitar, Vocals)
Doug DeHays (Baritone/Tenor Sax)
Layonne Holmes (Vocals)
Tommy Labella (Tenor Sax)
Hugh McDonald (Bass)
Mike Mancini (Piano/Keyboards)
Tim McLoone (Vocals)
Tommy Meares (Trombone)
Rich Scannella (Drums)
Arne Wendt (Keyboards)

Proceeds of the Hope V Concert benefit the Cancer Institute of New Jersey. At the start of the show Bobby presented a check for $175,000 to the Cancer Institute.

About the Hope Concert (from the show program)

The Hope Concert is a community benefit concert produced by the Count Basie Theater and starring an exceptional lineup of Jersey Shore musicians. All the musicians are volunteering their time tonight. The theater is donating the venue, and only the direct out of pocket costs are reimbursed so as close as 100% of the proceeds as possible may benefit the charity.

From fundraisers in local bars to large concerts in big venues, the Jersey Shore music community has had a long tradition of helping friends and neighbors in need, and the spirit of the hope Concert is best summarized by Music Director Bob Bandiera: "I like the idea of giving back when I can, and I like being able to help a friend when needed. But mostly I like having the chance to apply my craft to supporting a cause... However sick or tired or miserable I may be at the end of a day, I always try to remember that somewhere, someone has it worse than I do, and it only takes a little bit of time and effort on my part to give back."

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP