Monday, August 22, 2011

Top Hair Metal Bands

Pop culture blog, 411mania has posted a list of the top-8 hair metal bands, according to poster Chris Hammill.

He ranked Bon Jovi as #3:

#3: Bon Jovi


Casual dressed and modern rock sounding Bon Jovi, even releasing a Country album a couple years ago, started out as a Hair band back in the 80's. Their anthem "Living On A Prayer" became sort of a state anthem for New Jersey, which is why I hate that song. I'm born and raised in Jersey, and one of the horrendous stereotypes is "Hey, you know Living On A Prayer, right. You're from Jersey, you must!". Yuck. Anyways, Bon Jovi are one of the biggest bands in the world. But back in the 80's, they were going from club to club as just another hair band. They eventually blew up in the mid 80's with "Slippery When Wet" and haven't stopped since. The above song is not only on my list of greatest driving songs, but one of my favorite songs of all time.

Hammill's ranking:

8: Quiet Riot
7: Scorpions
6: W.A.S.P.
5: Poison
4: Warrant
3: Bon Jovi
2: Twisted Sister
1: Motley Crue

~ Hath

1 comments:

BubbleSheep August 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Not a bad list! I'm a huge Crue fan too.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP