Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still Rocking


Forbes also has an article about JonBon today:

The next time you play Rock Band don't invite Jon Bon Jovi. The 49- year-old singer's wife and kids recently convinced him to give the popular videogame a try. So he picked up the microphone and launched into a rendition of his classic "Wanted Dead or Alive," backed by family on virtual guitars and drums. He never made it through the song.

"I failed--it buzzed me down," Bon Jovi admits over lunch in Manhattan. "So I stood up off the couch and I said, 'All right, goddamn it, press play.' They did it again, I failed again, and I said, 'Everybody's going to bed. That's the end of this. Turn that shit off.'"

Fortunately for Bon Jovi, audiences in real arenas around the world are kinder. His eponymous band took home $125 million over the past 12 months by FORBES' estimates, more than any other music act besides U2--and more than relative whippersnappers Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Kanye West combined. In the past year the band has played 74 gigs in 15 nations, grossing $203 million in ticket sales and $20 million in merchandise; Bon Jovi ranks No. 8 on this year's Celebrity 100.

You can read the whole thing here.

I love the Rock Band story. It's one of my favorites. Even my 10-year old doesn't fail out of Wanted :) I know, I know, there's a big difference between playing the game and doing it for real. Just like (according to my brother at least) playing the songs on a real guitar is way easier than playing Rock Band on Expert level.

I'll stick to drums.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 18, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

I think it was Guitar Hero that got played at a party i was at once, and while the guitar and drum parts made sense, the whole vocal thing was very weird, i initially thought the mike was busted or something, but those more in the know told me it's always like that. Haven't had even the remotest desire to try it since.

Anonymous,  May 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

Is it really harder to play guitar parts on Expert Level than guitar? I have a very hard time believing that but then again with gaming nothing is too crazy to believe. I just can't imagine getting to an expert stage of a game but not touching an actual guitar. It's not even for monetary reasons, just common sense....

The Goddess Hathor May 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

@Anon2, according to my brother (an expert classical guitar player) yes. The game has nothing to do with playing guitar (with a possible exception of the strumming action). As per him, when you're a guitar player, trying to play Guitar Hero (or Rock Band, etc), especially if you KNOW the song, your fingers automatically try to play the music, rather than try to hit the right colors, thereby making it harder to play the game.

One of his best friends is NOT a guitar player, and does really well on the expert levels strictly because he doesn't have any idea how the real guitar is supposed to work lol.

All I know is, Lego Rock Band has a "super easy" function where you can't possibly fail out :) When I get stuck do the guitar parts (drums are popular in our house), that's what I pick.

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP