Monday, February 14, 2011

Sambora Shows the Love

A brief article on Gibson's website; a cute little read:

He’s seen a million faces and he’s rocked them all. And so have his bandmates, including a certain Jon Bon Jovi. The artist in question is Richie Sambora, the ridiculously talented Jersey-born guitarist who has slung a loaded six-string for Bon Jovi, the band, for nearly 30 years.

In preparation for two upcoming shows in the Steel City, Sambora talked to PittsburghLive.com about just what keeps the band charged up after all these years.

“Love of music,” said Sambora. “Love of each other, you know, the respect and the opportunity that we have, that we're one of the few bands in the world that have that opportunity... I really don’t like to brag, but we’re a bunch of good guys, you know, and we love each other.”

Sambora says the group’s stage show has evolved over time to be less and less about the effects and more about the band’s ability to play to the crowd.

“This band is about the people in the band and the songs, and less about the production. What we have learned to do – God, 28 years now of being together – is ‘give good stadium.’ I mean that's the best way I could put it... I don’t know how to say it any other way, and I’m trying to be humble about it, but this band – we know how to give good stadium.”

In particular, Sambora gives props to his well-maned frontman:

“The guy’s extraordinary. It’s like when I walk on stage with him I’m going, ‘What’s next?’ All of us do the same thing.”
source

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP