Saturday, February 19, 2011

Richie & Nikki: 10 songs?

Thanks, T, for dropping this link in my inbox.  (No not Terri, another T).

To help close out Fashion Week, Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora and designer/Secret Crush member Nikki Lund unveiled the Fall 2011 season of their fashion label, White Trash Beautiful, at New York's Metropolitan Pavilion last night (Feb. 17). The collection was a mix of gowns, cropped blazers, and sheer blouses in a palette of black, teal and gray.

In addition to the fashion collaboration, the pair created an original soundtrack for their runway show. "You will hear a song called 'This Could Be The Night Tonight,' where one of the main hooks is, 'Do you like my ass in these pants?'" Sambora tells Billboard.com. "So obviously, the fashion influenced the music."

Sambora will be on tour with Bon Jovi through the summer, but the guitarist says that he looks forward to continuing his musical relationship with Lund. The pair has finished a total of ten tracks are are planning on developing more.

"I think [the music] is completely different. There is no hint of Bon Jovi. It's like gorilla dance music," notes Sambora. "We just wrote a song that sort of sounds like country and the White Stripes put together. Making independent music is a great outlet for me."

source

Gorilla dance music? Holy crap, I'm literally weeping. If these tracks are anything like the one we heard last year, I don't wanna know; never want to hear them. Ever. Seriously. And the lyric? Do you like my ass in these pants? Really? Yeah Richie, weeping.

~ Hath

5 comments:

Terri February 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

Same here. What a waste . . .

JoviGoo,  February 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

Hey Hath, I had put a comment on your "JBJ Soul Foundation Tickets" post...I was hoping you could please take a look at it if you haven't seen it already and maybe post a reply. Thanks!

Anonymous,  February 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Weeping is exactly right. I swear my heart broke when I read that lyric! I have to keep telling myself, this is JUST for the clothing line. The real Richie is still in there somewhere!

Anonymous,  February 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

I think this is harmless, except somewhat disappointing to those who were hoping Richie would take the time from Bon Jovi's inevitable hiatus to do a more serious record.

But he seems to have the hots for this gal, and she looks his type, so it still sounds like a harmless diversion to me.

Anonymous,  February 20, 2011 at 3:23 AM  

Take every Bon Jovi album and I bet you you will find lyrics equally trite in one or more of the songs....some of them really are total cheese when simply read, but they usually sound pretty darn good when they're set to music, so I'll wait to hear the song before passing jusgement. :)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP