Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to Thanksgiving Week!

Yes, starting this past weekend, it's been all about Thanksgiving.  That means baking pies, apple crumb, graham cracker crusts for the mousse pie, rolls for dinner, and shopping, shopping, shopping.   We also try to take time to articulate things we're thankful for.

We also started our Christmas shopping over the weekend, and had another fight with the Leaf-people who live in our trees.   After a three-hour wrestling match, we believe we've finally gotten them all relocated.  DING!  Thankful: leaves -- done.

We also had a Strange and Malodorous Smell come to live with us.  It was a cross between rotting citrus and dead mouse.  Yeah, that good.   It's been driving us nuts for days, because it's in the kitchen, and we COOK there, and nothing we cook smells quite THAT bad.  We took everything off the counters and washed them down with bleach.  Didn't help.  We took cleanser to the stainless-steel sink and flushed the drain with boiling hot water.   Nope, didn't help.  We were THIS close to taking apart the sink drain to see what died in there, when we noticed one of our garden-window-flower pots in bloom.  It's quite lovely.  Paperwhite.  It's also the source of the stink.  DING! Thankful: House doesn't smell like a grapefruit/dead rodent smoothie anymore.  (EW!)

Mental note -- paperwhites are OUTSIDE toys.  Holy crap.

Thank God we got that figured out before Thursday.  My parents come for dinner, which means making sure the house is neat (it's always clean, but not always neat if you know what I mean).  Not that my Mom is Marie Barone or anything, but still.  So, I'll be trying to straighten things up in between ferrying Hathlet to doctor appointments, hockey practice, and helping him study for two exams he's having in the first week of December.  DING! Thankful: exams are in science and math -- Hathlet's two best subjects.

This coming weekend will start the annual decking of the halls, as it were, with roughly 100 feet of icicle lights to hang on the house.  We bought new LED icicle lights, so DING! Thankful -- the festooning of the house will NOT be preceded by four hours of "one light goes out they all go out" as we try to get the traditional icicle lights done.

This ladder-and-lighting extravaganza will be followed by inflatable snowmen, Santas, trains, and a 10-foot carousel.  And that's just outside.

We've got a table to set, a hutch to bedeck, roping to hang, and at least three different Lemax village scenes to set up.

Not to mention the tree.  This year we have a train to rig up that will chug around the tree about half way up.  Can't wait for THAT experience.

Knowing Hathlet, he won't be happy until every last little thing is done.

I'm also starting a job search, as my current position is going away, and I am apparently not qualified for any of the four NEW positions they are creating from my current job.  I don't quite understand it, and quite frankly pisses me the frak off, but hey, this is the season of giving thanks, right?  So I'm DING! Thankful --  I've had such a long run here, and that I have a friend in HR here in my company willing to help me out.

So with all of this going on, needless to day, I missed a bunch of Jovi items that were published over the last buncha days, and will try to get it all caught up this week :)

I know that many of you have sent me email looking for and/or imparting information -- you're the biggest DING :) I'm thankful for all of you out there in Joviland who help make this site what it is.

Happy  Monday!

~ Hath

1 comments:

gabbhook November 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

What a nice way to start the week...someone giving thanks! I hope you find the job you deserve and want..you have quite a talent in writing and creating pictures in the readers minds. So, with that, I am thankful to be following your posts here on FB and twitter, they are a true "lift" to my spirits! Happy Thanksgiving!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP