Monday, November 22, 2010

JBJ T-Shirt Sayings

Came across this in my google alerts, and in my email (thanks Q!) and it totally made me laugh:

Throughout the years, Jon Bon Jovi has worn some funny, enlightening t-shirts: "Bounce on this" or "Tell your Mom I said hi," for example. For the upcoming Live 2011 leg of the Circle Tour, perhaps Jon could wear t-shirts with these sayings:

I make old age look good! (Let's face it: he is approaching 50.)

Who says you can't go home with me? (Oh wait. Wrong person. That's one that Richie Sambora could wear.)

You may not recognize me without my cape. (He does it all: family man, rock star, businessman, philanthropist. He definitely must have the superpowers of unlimited energy and lack of the need for sleep.)

I'm Ronnie Kray, and I own this place! (This one will be understood by only the most diehard of fans. For the rest of you, see Michael Francis' infamous book Star Man: The Right Hand Man of Rock and Roll, page 164.)

Eye contact is over-rated. (He of the never-leave-home-without-your-sunglasses philosophy of life.)

You're fired! (Donald Trump has nothing on Jon Bon Jovi, the originator of these words. Just ask Doc McGhee. Or Alec Such. Or . . .)

Plays well with others. (See next note.)

Does not play well with others. (Due to the dichotomous nature of his personality, he needs both. He can choose accordingly depending on his mood that day.)

I'm like fine wine. (See first note.)

American Idol (As he himself says in concert, "The only American Idol you need is standing right here!")

I'm taking my son to the show in March. I'm trying to convince my mom that she needs to come too. I have the t-shirts all planned out :)
HATHLET: My mom says 'hi' back.
HATH: Hi! My mom says 'hi' back, too.
HATHMOM: Hi!
Then the back they'd say "Three generations of Bon Jovi fans can't be wrong" with the date of the show. Mom's not sure she wants to spend the $$ to go -- not at Christmastime.

What T-shirt sayings do you think Jon would wear? What would you put on a shirt to wear to a show?

3 comments:

Jan November 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Due to a random joke during the last UK elections, my friends and I made up t-shirts saying "Richie for Prime Minister!" and we each had a Cabinet position like Home Secretary, Minister etc. On the sleeve it had our Party Political Motto
"Dude, a Cactus! Excellent!"

My personal favourite will always be one I made for myself in 2000 - it said "Richie for President. Can I be Monica?"

The evil grin that JBJ gave me when he read it made it worthwhile LOL

as for a Tshirt for Jon himself - I'm thinking "Don't touch the hair" or maybe "I'm the one your mother warned you about..."

Richie - however - should have a Tshirt that just says "Epitome of desirable".

Anonymous,  November 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

I have had the same shirt since HAND that says "Richie Who Says You Can't Go Home with me?"

Nikki December 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

When I was trying to come up with a new sign to take to the HAND shows my then 9 year old daughter suggested "who says you can't go home with me?" I busted out laughing and made the sign.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP