Monday, August 02, 2010

Chicago

So, your friendly neighborhood Goddess did not attend the shows in Chicago, but she had sisters who did (*waves to Catte and Wills and Samantha*) and friends-of-friends (*waves to T's friend B*) so there's lots of news to share. Not all of the news comes from them, but the pictures at the end do. There'll be more linked up to the BJCT as we girlies get them posted, but for now, here's what's been going on.

First there are reports of Jon being in a much better mood at Saturday's show than at Friday's. For those of you wondering why? Apparently, some over-zealous fans decided it would be very cool to try out for whatever new football team Jon is looking to buy by TACKLING the man in the lobby of the hotel. Yes, you read that right. They reportedly knocked the guy to the ground. Now, if it was accidental, and the ladies in question tripped and fell into him (which is probably what would happen to me; my Karma works that way), that's one thing, but that's not what the report from T's friend B. After a stern lecture (from Jon to the hotel management) things were better the next day.

SO, I have to ask. Really, Jon-tossers, what the sweet blue HELL were you thinking? He is not going to be impressed with you knocking him over. He's not going to gaze up at you as he's crouched on the floor of a very nice hotel and think, "Yeah, I'll cheat on my wife with her." Not going to happen. Not only THAT, but c'mon! The man is still recovering from an injury!

OK, enough of that.

Second, Catte and Wills got to meet (and photograph with) Hugh. They said he was super nice and smelled really good. I wonder if they slipped him a BJCT business card. Hmmm, ladies?

Who DID get business cards were a group of girls in the elevator at the Hard Rock who thought Catte was me and were so excited to meet me. Lemme tell you, that made me feel good, even from half a country away. The girls were very cute and really nice, and once they found out that Catte was THAT CATTE of the "Slippery" and "Guns" fictions, they were SO thrilled, wanted her autograph. Very, very cool.

While we're speaking of the BJCT business cards, Catte and Wills got a card to a reporter named Amanda, who asked all sorts of questions, and was going to go back to her editor with the story about a little group of fans trying to do something really really big. Hopefully her editor is a Bon Jovi fan, and thinks the BJCT is a neat idea. We'll definitely keep you posted on that.

Kiwi has a bunch of them (the cards, not reporters) that she's going to have with her at the Aussie/NZ shows. When she approaches with them, please, take them and check us out! And if you happen to go on a backstage tour as part of your package, drop one or two on the dressing room tables, yeah?

OK, straight guys can stop reading now. This is all drooly stuff now.

There were some GORGEOUS videos taken during the show and they're up on the BJCT. We're working on filling in the holes in the set lists, and getting all the downloads made available. One of the videos features a lovely strip tease (really a jersey change on stage, but still) that the ever wonderful Ms. Catte captured forever in pictures. She'll have them cleaned up and posted to her PB soon (and they'll be linked on the BJCT soon after that) but I didn't think you needed to wait to see them.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I know those are distracting as all hell, but take a look at this... I'm partial to this one; one of my favorite HAND moments. This never gets old.

Photobucket


This one in particular does funny things to my insides. I love the rakish tilt to the hat. *swoon*

Photobucket


So we're at the end of the first leg, and the guys have some much-deserved time off. In the month ahead, they can get lots of rest, so they can blow the socks off the next group of fans. I'm still trying to convince Mr. Hath that a perfect 40th birthday present would be to get me tickets to the Mexico City show. Hathlet thinks it's an awesome idea, and since he turns 10 a few days before I turn 40, he thinks it should be a combined birthday extravaganza.

I think he's right.

Mr. Hath? Not so much.

~ Hath

6 comments:

Karen Mullaney August 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Great job and wow pics!! Thanks! Can't believe those fans attacked Jon like that-especially - after him recovering w/his leg, nevermind doing it at all.
Hope you get to go to Mexico City, for your 40th! Tomorrow is my 60th and I know that it would be a dream present, especially, since I don't want to face this one! I'll trade back to a 40th!lol Hate the "0" yrs...

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Hath-
If you get to Mexico City be careful! I do contract work for the government and Feds just canceled my late August/early September trip there due to all the drug gang violence. I was going to roll this concert into a post work vacation but now I'm aiming for a long weekend in Costa Rica with the boys instead.
-Lyn

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Hmmm... seems I've made it to the blog, unless T has another friend named "B" that was at the Chicago shows. ;)

I've been telling Miss T for YEARS that Jon loves this town and that she needs to BE HERE for shows. Maybe now she'll listen. hehehehe Love ya, T!!

Besides the AMAZING songs, I will never forget Friday night during HAND - Jon giving the double salute. Priceless! Richie's salute is totally expected, but Jon?!? Fantastic. Oh, and stripping on stage. Yeah. That's pretty damn unforgettable too. Even from 40 rows back. Thanks Catte for the video and pictures. They're burned into my brain now. =)

Anonymous,  August 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

>>...And if you happen to go on a backstage tour as part of your package, drop one or two on the dressing room tables, yeah?...<<

Do so at your own risk...seems like some have left "goodies" at various different places when on the backstage tours. It is now part of the pretour "rules". You will NOT leave anything anywhere in the backstage area.

The Goddess Hathor August 6, 2010 at 5:40 AM  

Thanks for posting that, Anon. Don't want anyone getting in trouble. Kinda makes me wonder just how many bras got left backstage before they made that rule...

~ Hath

EDEN'S EDGE DESIGNS August 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Hath,
I live in Chicago and loved both shows! I also love all the info you post so interesting. I have been a fan of the band since 1983 a look from Jon and Richie back then and I never looked back Ohhhhh, they melted my heart then and here 2day 27 years later still in awe!!!! Keep up the good work on all the reports. If I ever come across I will let you know.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP