Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Richie Loving It Down Under

SkyNews in Australia has an article posting part of an interview with Richie, who talks a little about making the stadium shows intimate, and the girls "Down Under".

The band, which kicked off their tour in the US in February, has just completed a series of concerts at London's 02 Arena, and Sambora says he's loving the massive shows.

'Anybody that says they don't like it means they can't do it,' Sambora told AAP from his Los Angeles home during a week-long break from the tour.

'The event is so much fun, to take part in that ... it really comes down to us being able to do that and we do it very very well.

'Jon (Bon Jovi) happens to be one of the best frontmen when it comes down to making a stadium seem like a small place.'

Sambora says he's looking forward to coming back Down Under - the band was last here in 2008 - and he's promising Aussie fans a great concert experience.

'We're bringing the most amazing production, there's going to be a high-definition screen behind us that's 55 feet (16 metres) high and 115 feet (35 metres) long so everybody gets very close and personal to the band and it becomes an intimate kind of experience.'

Sambora says the band has had a 'passionate love for Australia since the 80s' and the now single guitarist - he was married to TV star Heather Locklear and has dated actress Denise Richards - joked that 'the girls have been very good'.

'... I'm free again ... I'll be looking for my future ex-wife, absolutely,' he laughed.
The article also touches a little on the Greatest Hits album:
Before they hit our shores, Bon Jovi will also have released a best of double album, which contains five new songs and is due out in November. Aussie fans will be among the first in the world to hear some of those songs performed at a live concert.
If you want a good opinion piece on the new GH record, check out The Screen Door. I for one am not holding my breath. A November release in Australia and Richie has said we (in the US) should have it by Christmas.

Gee....

Where have I heard that before?

Can you say MSG?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wiring a certain favorite Kiwi some cashola, so I can get the GH at some time before Easter.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

I'm thinking a certain Kiwi will be moving into the post office around about November!

I'm also dubious about the GH album. There had better not be any Jon songs on there, this is the BAND greatest hits, and Jon would do well to remember that. Oh, and nothing that was on Crossroad. Maybe it should be a best of instead of greatest hits, put songs on there that are their BEST rather than the hits, that way we will get some rarities.

Here's an idea though, why not poll the fans(the real ones!) and ask them for their choices. It could produce some interesting results.

Super_Kiwi July 7, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

LOL! I should go and buy shares now in the post shop huh? Yeah, I'll be interested to see how they handle the release.

To me the next greatest hits should be interesting, I mean it feels like it will be Crossroads with some Lost Highway. Hmmm, I am excited about the new material, since I am a new material hoar. LOL.

But of course, I'll be on hand if you get shafted. ;)

Super_Kiwi July 7, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

and PPS.

We love you Downunder too Richie.
*smirk*


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP