Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Jovi Gets Curfew Extension

At first blush, this looks like GREAT news for Foxboro concertgoers this weekend.  Then you read the estimated start times, and all this means is that the band can play their "regular-length set":

The board of selectmen granted the Circle Tour concert at Gillette Stadium an extra half-hour after the usual curfew, which means Bon Jovi will finish his performace at 11:45 p.m. Saturday.

Police Chief Edward O'Leary, who is in charge of security in the stadium, said he has no problem with the later finish, and does not expect any extra trouble from a crowd that is anticipated to approach 50,000.

"This crowd is on the more mature side, as opposed to the 20-somethings at other concerts who generally arrive earlier to party," O'Leary said, adding he looked back to see that Bon Jovi's 2006 concert in Foxboro presented "no unusual incidents."

Fans Saturday will not be allowed into the parking lots until 5 for the 6 p.m. start of the concert. Following some preliminary bands, Kid Rock will perform from 8 to 9 p.m., with Jon Bon Jovi and his band expected to take the stage at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are still on sale through Ticketmaster.

"I don't anticipate many problems," O'Leary said.
I also take exception to being labeled "on the more mature side" :)  Ask anyone, I can be as immature as my 7-year-old niece!  But I get their point.

Kid Rock gets a whole hour?  I'm not sure I can name enough of his songs to GET me to an hour.

With the 5pm lot-open time, we'll be heading out from my house around 4:00 (allowing for traffic). Besides, past experience tells me that 5pm isn't exact.  It's not like they're going to let a queue of cars form down Route 1.  Bad for the shopping plaza and traffic in general.

~ Hath

source

2 comments:

Lisa Marie,  July 20, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

I took slight offense to the "more mature side" myself. LMAO! I guess we will be heading out from the hotel at about 4:15ish as well. No, I can not see them letting traffic back up like that. It will be interesting. Last time for the HAND tour, didn't they open the lots earlier???

The Goddess Hathor July 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

They sure did. For football games as well, they say lots open 4 hours before -- yah, more like 6-8 hours before. We'll see :) If you see a white Ford F-150 idling in the shoulder along Rte 1 Northbound, that's probably me :)

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP