Friday, March 19, 2010

Philly Soul Free Show Announced

Bon Jovi will give a free, special ticketed performance for former Philadelphia Soul season ticket holders and fans on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at the Wachovia Center at 5:00pm. While only fans with tickets can be admitted, through the cooperation of WMMR, those that can’t attend can tune-in live via a commercial-free radio broadcast at 93.3FM in Philadelphia or stream it live via www.wmmr.com.

Starting today, a limited number of tickets are now available. Former Soul season ticket holders have been alerted via direct email outreach. All other fans can enter to win tickets online at www.wmmr.com and through on-air call outs on WMMR leading up to the show.

The announcement honors a commitment made by Jon Bon Jovi on WMMR’s Preston and Steve show when he predicted a championship win for the Arena Football team he co-owned, The Philadelphia Soul. He also promised a free performance if his prediction proved true.

Although the Philadelphia Soul claimed victory at the July 2008 ArenaBowl, the Arena Football League had simultaneously begun their own fight for survival that spanned two years and sadly, resulted in the suspension of League operations.

The bittersweet announcement of this special concert to celebrate The Philadelphia Soul brings Jon’s promise full circle as Bon Jovi prepares for two sold-out shows in Philadelphia next week (3/23 and 3/24) at the Wachovia Center

So... fans of the Soul (and the Jovi) can't purchase tickets, unless you're season ticket holders?

Everyone going to Philly, ENTER THE CONTEST!!! :)

~ Hath

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

was just wondering where you got this info from? was a season tix holder for 4 years and have heard nothing about this.

Anonymous,  March 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

I didn't receive an email either. I was a season ticket holder for 1 year, and then the second year paid for my tix in advance and had to fight with the Soul to get my money back. The least they could do is include all of the season ticket holders. Please let me know where you got the email from! I would love free tickets! Thanks!

k.murphy919@yahoo.com

Big Apple Jen March 19, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

I read about this via a google alert ... trying to get to bottom of the story. Five-year season ticketholder, on the SSAB and helped launch the Soul Band & Drumline ... I better frickin' get a chance to go. LOL Will let you know what I find out.

Big Apple Jen March 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Apple Jen March 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Okay...I deleted the last update...cuz I have a LITTLE more info. I am now in the lottery for season ticketholers (woohoo!) but it seems that nobody is really guaranteed a ticket...? My contact said that no matter what, enter at wmmr.com. Drama. Ugh.

Anonymous,  March 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

me too a season ticket holder for the entire life of the soul i EVEN WENT TO NEW ORLEANS AND I DON'T HAVE A INFO ON GETTING TIX.. HELP


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP