Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Circle Arc 1: Philly

Oh my.

The energy at Wachovia was absolutely amazing.

The people around us in the seats were fun (though I wanted to smack the people who sat through Richie's solo).  

The setlist was predictable, and somewhat of a let down after seeing what Montreal got, but hell, I didn't really care. I got to see I'll Be There For You about 100 feet from my face. I got to flirt with David again (thanks Willow for keeping the sign from last tour, and for Catte for capturing it forever on digital).

The band took the circle for Something for the Pain / Saturday Night, and I waited.

Patiently.

Then the house lights came half up, and I took my shot. I waited for David to look in my direction


and I held up the "HEY DAVID!" side of the sign.  He had to squint to read it, but still.... he did :)



Hopefully he remembered the sign from Boston, Central Park, and MSG last tour.  I flipped the sign over, where it says "SHOW ME JOKER".  Judging by the surprise face, maybe he doesn't remember.


Now, I knew full well he wasn't going to flash me this time. He had the accordion strapped on for God's sake. But, it was fun anyway to have the personal interaction. Catte and I blew kisses and waved to him, and we got the chin point and a big smile.


*sigh* Happy Hath.  David (in Jon's words) makes the accordion all kinds of sexy...  See for yourself :)


AHEM.  Sorry about that.  Got lost in all the curly goodness....

ANYWAY Richie was on fire. Several different guitars including my very favorite double-neck. Of course, there were the hats (just a couple, but damn that Stetson for Wanted gets me every single time) and the music was absolutely lovely.  His voice was strong and just shit, yummy RICHIE.  But I got totally distracted during his solo by his ARMS (see the first pic.  Holy Hannah).



Tico was adorable on the Circle.  You could tell he very much likes his behind-the-scenes position on the stage.  I did get a few good shots of him, though.  He is just amazing.


And Jon?  Well, what can one say.  Clearly one of the best front men on the planet.  And not bad looking either :)  His voice was strong, though he went back to the "easier register" for Prayer, and to our disappointment, he remembered all the words to Hallelujah :)

Some of my favorite Jonny shots...


One of my favorite "artsy" shots:


And a couple for Kiwi and Tara :)



OK, I'm spent. Been up for more than 22 hours, and have to work in 4. Gonna need a nap later :)  Need my strength for night 2! 

And sneakers.  This Goddess deffo needs her sneakers from now on.  To hell with the cute shoes. 

Comfort.  Comfort. Comfort.

~ Hath

9 comments:

Super_Kiwi March 24, 2010 at 4:24 AM  

Looooooooooooove the pictures.... and specifically the two er--peenie/slice shots *snickers*

Awesome work Hath and I'm glad you had your David moment, look at that grin on his face.

Looove the pics and looking forward to when you update the BJCT with the stuff.

Kiwi

Bayaderra March 24, 2010 at 5:51 AM  

GAAAH CURLS!!!!!!!
Is it Friday yet>!?!?!?!?!

Unknown March 24, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

Love the review Hath!!! David was very flirty in Montreal as well. Hopefully they mix it up a bit tonight for you!

~ * Vicki * ~ March 24, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

THANKS Hath for the pics. I can't wait for tonight!!! My best friend surprised me with tickets to tonight's show and I am so frickin' excited!!!

Queenie March 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Damn you had great seats!!! And holy crap has Richie been working out or what?!

Great review, awesome pics. Can't wait to see what you get tonight.

God, is it Saturday yet?!?!?

WomanOfTheCity March 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Those pictures are totally awesome Hath! Especially the artsy one of HRH. I saw a similar one on your TweetPhoto too. Or maybe it was the same lol... did you intend those?

I remember reading your Joker story before and I makes me giggle everytime in its cuteness - so glad you got it again ;-)


As for those "buckle-centric" shots of HRH .... hmmm BAD idea to view them at work - the boyz saw a hint of drool lmao

Rock on second night :D

Judith March 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

God, you´re killing me with your pics...

LMAO about David and your sign, how cute ;)
But oh wow, your Richie shots are my death...

Thanks for your review, can´t wait to see the vids as well :)

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Awesome review & your pix are incredible Hath! I can't wait to show my lil guy that big pix of Tico! That's his fave band member. Those pix of David looking directly at you were amazing too! He was looking mighty fine too!! What fun you had! I get to re-live my fun in 22 days in Atlanta!!!!

~ Sterling

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Fantastic pictures! Thanks Hath-can't wait until Friday!!!

Bonnie


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP