Monday, September 14, 2009

2009 VMA Awards

Last night, the 2009 Video Music Awards were presented in NYC. In case you missed it, Kanye West pulled the "WTF" of the decade by storming the stage and grabbing the microphone from Taylor Swift, who had won the award for Best Female Video for You Belong With Me.

"I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time," he declared as an absolutely aghast Beyoncé looked on and the audience booed.



Beyoncé ended the night on a great note for Taylor, by proving herself to be a classy, thoughtful woman. She waived her right to an acceptance speech (for Video of the Year) and instead called Swift over to complete hers.

"This is amazing," Knowles said. "I remember being 17-years-old, up for my first MTV award with Destiny's Child and it was one of the most exciting moments of my life, so I would like for Taylor to come out and have her moment."

A smiling Taylor Swift gracefully accepted saying , "Maybe we can try this again." She continued, thanking "all my fans on Twitter and MySpace and everyone who came out to my shows this summer."



Kanye has since done the "sorry, I guess I was a tool" thing but that doesn't change anything -- I think he's still a tool.

I couldn't name a Beyoncé song if I had a gun pointed at my head. After last night's show of class, I'm giving her music a listen.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Becky September 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

I don't want to watch it again, lol... was watching in absolute horror last night live. I wanted to CRY for Taylor after the ass gave her back the mic and left the stage. The poor thing just stood there!!

However, I did not see what Beyonce did later, as I went to bed. So thanks for posting this, Hath, because I'm sooo happy Taylor got her chance!

Shelly September 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Again, Kanye shows what a class act he is....Not!! That was ridiculous! Also Kudos for Taylor on winning and Beyonce for giving her the mic.

T September 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Kanye has always been a tool! He continues to amaze me with the lengths that he will go to just to get attention. Like you, I've never been much of fan of Beyonce's music...but, I have seen her on many a talk show, etc. and I KNEW she had Class (notice that's with a capital "C").

Poor Taylor. Good news? This probably won't hurt her career any at all.

Jerk Kanye. Bad news? This probably won't hurt his career any at all.

~T


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP